Valued Contributor

Am I The Only One That Has Virtually No Gifts To Buy For The Holiday Season?

Except for my two grands, everyone else I buy for is older and most prefer $$$ or gift cards. Even the grands get so much that I put money in their I bond accounts that DH and I set up for them. I usually buy one or two toys. They don't even know what they get never mind who gives it to them. I do buy for my two DDs and son, but again it is usually one gift and then cash.

This is the first year that I have had zero interest in Black Friday or Cyber Monday. I actually miss looking for deals.

Also, I am trying not to buy anything for myself.

Anyone else in this boat? Do you miss shopping like I do?

Honored Contributor

Re: Am I The Only One That Has Virtually No Gifts To Buy For The Holiday Season?

I wish!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

Re: Am I The Only One That Has Virtually No Gifts To Buy For The Holiday Season?

Nope. My family gave it up and my wife and I?

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

My friends and family exchange only warm wishes and holiday greetings. I do take names from the ""Angel Tree"" at the library and make purchases to fulfill those wishes.

Honored Contributor

So you won't be buying any flashlights from QVC?

Respected Contributor

I am sending gifts to many this year. No flashlights from the Q, though.

Trusted Contributor

My grown kids get money. Since my oldest son, his wife, & his baby daughter live in another state, I send an e-gift card for Toys R' Us so that my daughter in law can get things that she needs for the baby. My daughter & her boyfriend are co-habiting & he has 2 little girls from a former marriage. Until last year, I ran all over the place to look for the things that my daughter said they wanted. This year, they're getting a couple of toys & I'll be opening a savings account for each girl & putting money into the account for them.

Valued Contributor

We don't give as many gifts because of family and friends agreeing to cut back on it since the holidays got so commercialized. I don't miss it not one bit. We decided it's ridiculous to buy into the idea everybody must have a gift for everybody.

Super Contributor

I buy gifts for Grandchildren, my Mother, Daughter and Husband. Bake for co-workers and friends ALL the rest gift cards.
Super Contributor

Nope you are not alone. I don't have any family to buy for this Christmas. I will get a little something for a friend and a neighbor lady that always helps me out, but otherwise I have nobody to buy for. It definitely makes Christmas more affordable but I miss the days of last minute shopping and staying up late on Christmas Eve wrapping presents. I would get a glass of wine and play holiday music and put everything under the tree overnight so it looked like Santa visited. I've always enjoyed giving gifts at Christmas instead of receiving presents.