Honored Contributor

Who else loves to wrap gifts?

I have loved to wrap gifts for as long as I can remember. I think I could make a living doing it!

I like nice paper and all the trimmings, and use gift bags both paper and cloth as well. I'm never happier than when the Christmas music is playing and I'm wrapping and decorating gifts.

One of the neatest things I've found recently, especially for those who don't like to wrap, are reusable cloth gift bags made by a Mennonite thrift store in our area. Think of those one's that Q is selling that are made of shiny foil like paper with the draw strings, only these are sewn out of left over fabric scraps (for Christmas and they do them for all occasion gifts all year long), with actual fabric ribbon to tie them. They are great, because they are made of brand new fabric, various sizes, have a crisp clean look, lots of fabrics to choose from, and can be quickly pressed and used again and again. They offer so many styles of fabric, from elegant to country to child friendly, and everything in between. Very beautiful, very functional, very easy, and very earth friendly.

I love a mix of colors and patterns under the tree, and I also love when someone does everything coordinating.

Who else likes to wrap....or not? How do you approach it?

Honored Contributor

Re: Who else loves to wrap gifts?

I like to wrap too. The gifts I put under the tree coordinate. LOL. I love finding really pretty gift tags and pretty ribbon.

Santa gifts are always wrapped in different wrapping paper.

Not a fan of gift bags for Christmas, unless it's an awkward shape or something. A few here and there are okay.

Respected Contributor

LOVE LOVE LOVE wrapping gifts always have...........everything is color coordinated, I make my own gift tags so they match................favorite time of year...............................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Respected Contributor

When I was young and only had a few things to wrap, I enjoyed it and tried to make each package special. Now, forget it. If I slap on a one-cent sticky bow, that's fancy.
Honored Contributor

I've never loved the process, but used to work very hard to create beautiful and unusual finished products... I still try to wrap a few very pretty presents each year, but I also find I rely a bit more on really pretty gift bags...

Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I love wrapping also. It started as a child, my aunt would take my sister and I over to her house on the 24th to wrap all the gifts for her 4 kids after they had gone to bed. They used to get a lot of gifts from Santa.

Honored Contributor

I've mentioned here before.........Used to wrap gifts for a dept. store 'way back when', during all holidays while in high school! (and possibly college, holidays only; not Summer.) Best job ever, as the husbands, boyfriends, sons, etc. were overjoyed to have their gifts wrapped ! Lots of businessmen, too. Gifts for their secretaries/employees/co-owners/co-workers, etc. And, because I enjoyed wrapping gifts, the time just flew by! Didn't want to leave my shift. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} p.s. Believe me, if a young woman wants to run across a boyfriend, being a gift wrapper during the holidays is ideal! I'm sure many stores and/or malls are still hiring seasonal gift wrappers. And, generally speaking, you'll know (by the items purchased) if the man is married, in a relationship, or is just a good son! .............. P.S. And what better way to 'network', perhaps finding a better long-term job! Lots of business owners/employees/managers/etc. out there.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

I hate wrapping and am a big fan of bags with coordinating paper. However, my adult daughter loves to wrap and is very, very good at it.

So I just let her do it. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I'm a wrapper!!

Respected Contributor

I like to wrap, too. I like to do it when I'm home alone with plenty of time. I find it relaxing.