Super Contributor

Reruns of Cosby show are being cancelled

I thought this might happen. I still enjoyed watching the show on tvland but don't know how I'd feel watching it going forward. I don't think it's fair to the other actors/actresses on the show however, it is what is and they can thank BC.

“There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.” Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

Re: Reruns of Cosby show are being cancelled

BC has been tried, found guilty and sentenced by the court of public opinion. Even if he didn't do it it's the end of his career and his life.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Esteemed Contributor

Same thing happened with 7th Heaven on UP channel, and I agree, sad for the other actors that have nothing to do with it. A couple of actors on 7th Heaven made comments that they counted on those residuals but it is what it is. Wonder if they can sue them.

Honored Contributor

Ugh....couldn't STAND the show. Especially when they had the grandparents on. yawn.

Honored Contributor

My rudy-mentary theo-ry is that they are throwing him over the cliff.

Super Contributor

I don't know what the truth is but I think it's wrong to assume (the media) he's guilty without all the facts in place. Maybe these women are telling the truth but they could be lying. It's not like it hasn't happened before. Women lied about the lacrosse players and many media outlets had them convicted before all the facts were looked at.

If he's guilty let the justice system work. And as for him paying off people, maybe he did it to squelch untrue rumors, maybe he was guilty....but I have to wonder why the women took the money. If someone had done something terrible to me I don't believe I would accept money with terms of silence. Then you allow that person to maybe hurt someone else.

TV land may have jumped the gun.

Trusted Contributor

On 11/19/2014 Disneylandfan said:

I don't know what the truth is but I think it's wrong to assume (the media) he's guilty without all the facts in place. Maybe these women are telling the truth but they could be lying. It's not like it hasn't happened before. Women lied about the lacrosse players and many media outlets had them convicted before all the facts were looked at.

If he's guilty let the justice system work. And as for him paying off people, maybe he did it to squelch untrue rumors, maybe he was guilty....but I have to wonder why the women took the money. If someone had done something terrible to me I don't believe I would accept money with terms of silence. Then you allow that person to maybe hurt someone else.

TV land may have jumped the gun.

One woman lied about the Duke LaCrosse Team. At least 15 have made allegations against Cosby. I can't find a reason why so many women would be telling the same story about him. I had my doubts at first, but I believe these women.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Valued Contributor

From The Washington Times, in regard to the 2004 civil case (originally filed as a criminal case) that Bill Cosby settled:

Cosby has never been charged in connection with any of the allegations; Former Pennsylvania prosecutor Bruce L. Castor Jr., who investigated a woman’s claims that Cosby had sexually assaulted her in 2004, said Wednesday he decided not to prosecute Cosby because he felt there was not enough evidence to get a conviction.

“I wrote my opinion in such a way as I thought conveyed to the whole world that I thought he had done it, he had just gotten away with it because of a lack of evidence,” the former Montgomery County district attorney said.

If Cosby hadn’t been cooperative with the investigation, “I probably would have arrested him,” he said.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. -- Oscar Wilde
Honored Contributor

If those women were to have pushed forward, it would have cost each of them a fortune in legal fees ...... isn't getting raped bad enough? Do they also have to be wiped out financially, too ?? {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/19/2014 MomTo2Dogs said:

BC has been tried, found guilty and sentenced by the court of public opinion. Even if he didn't do it it's the end of his career and his life.

He's almost 80 & worth over 350 million, I think he'll survive.