Honored Contributor

Walmart workers plan Black Friday protests over wages

If your not working for cheap wages, you might as well raise some hello!

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Super Contributor

Re: Walmart workers plan Black Friday protests over wages

Do they know they don't have to work there?

Super Contributor

I don't think that's a very good idea with the state of unemployment in this country. All of those people can be replaced, pretty quickly. I guess they haven't thought that through.

Super Contributor

Go for it. I won't be there. I don't even remember the last time I was in a WalMart.

That said we have a new one opening very near me right after Christmas.

I don't think my little ""go to"" grocery store for a quick trip or last minute item will fare to well in 2015 and beyond. Right across the highway.

Super Contributor

I wish them all the best in their protest, but, I do hope that they are aware that they could loose their jobs because they protested.

Respected Contributor

I love WalMart but won't be there on Black Friday. I wish them well and do hope they understand that there are lots of applications on file for their jobs.

Super Contributor

On 11/15/2014 Dam Yankee said:

I don't think that's a very good idea with the state of unemployment in this country. All of those people can be replaced, pretty quickly. I guess they haven't thought that through.

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistic, the national unemployment rate is at 5.8%, the lowest that it has been in years.

Honored Contributor

On 11/15/2014 Plaid Pants said:

I wish them all the best in their protest, but, I do hope that they are aware that they could loose their jobs because they protested.

I agree. I'd rather have some money and a job than none. Pick your battles in order to win the war.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Most of them will probably be let go after the holidays anyway.

Super Contributor

On 11/15/2014 Plaid Pants said:
On 11/15/2014 Dam Yankee said:

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistic, the national unemployment rate is at 5.8%, the lowest that it has been in years.

We all know that that figure doesn't include everyone who is currently unemployed or under-employed. I maintain my stance that there are plenty of people who are willing to replace the folks that are planning to strike.