Esteemed Contributor

when you click 'submit' and your post disappears. so irritating.

where does it go? this has happened to me several times lately. I spend several minutes composing a long post, then when I click to submit it, it's gone. is it retrievable?

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Super Contributor

Re: when you click 'submit' and your post disappears. so irritating.

I know how irritating that is. A few weeks ago I typed out a long reply to someone on a thread, hit submit....gone. No post, no error message for bad word, nothing..gone. I think the posts are with the lost sole socks.
Respected Contributor

Time Limit to post...Always Copy your post to save it before posting.

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~
Honored Contributor

Always be sure to scroll down the page and see if the post is there but has a word, or words, not accepted by the website. You'll see an alert at the bottom of the post (I think in red letters) about the problem.

Otherwise, it's a good idea to copy your entire post before submitting it. Or type it on the computer notepad or some type of text editing application before posting it here. If you type it all here and don't save a copy and then the website, or your computer, or the internet connection has a problem, you might risk losing the post. I'm not aware of any time limit to post, and I've written some long, time-intensive novelettes{#emotions_dlg.blushing} here before hitting "submit."

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I think many times people accidentally brush the ""cancel"" function which right beside ""submit"". I wish they would move it over to the right side. I know I've done that.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Yup. Happened to me also. Must be a new thing.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

On 11/12/2014 kachina624 said: I think many times people accidentally brush the ""cancel"" function which right beside ""submit"". I wish they would move it over to the right side. I know I've done that.

I've done that a few times.

Respected Contributor

If a post is to long it will go away.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Super Contributor

This has happened to me. My conclusion is that it "times out." If I have a long post, I either type it in a Word doc, then cut and paste to a Reply box here, or else I type it here, but copy my response before I hit Submit. Then I can paste it in a new Reply box.

Regular Contributor

When this happens again, try hitting the "backward arrow" in the upper left hand corner of your screen, and the post should reappear again....then hit submit....I learned this on another thread a while ago.

I also go into "edit" while typing my post...and hit "copy"...then "paste"...and this helps to save the post also...so try the above and your post should still be there.