Regular Contributor

What Is Your Favorite Christmas Song Or Songs

Ok so it's early November, and Tom Turkey hasn't visited yet. I'm just in the mood to hear Christmas music. What are your favorite tunes? I love Silent Night
Honored Contributor

Re: What Is Your Favorite Christmas Song Or Songs

""Do They Know It's Christmas?"" from Band Aid

Respected Contributor

My number 1 favorite Christmas song of all is "Silent Night" as sung by Sinead O'Connor. She does such a beautiful job with that song, that it brings tears to my eyes. If you haven't heard it, it's worth listening to. My number 2 favorite song is "The Holly and the Ivy." I also like a couple of German ones, "Leise rieselt der Schnee" is one. And all of the music from The Nutcracker and A Charlie Brown Christmas. Smiley Happy
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

O Holy Night.

Honored Contributor

This is rather an anomaly, as I'm 100% NON-religious (don't believe in any gods or any of that), but I think that the song 'O Holy Night' is one of the most stunningly beautiful songs I've ever heard.

Otherwise, I'm pretty much not into christmas music, although I find 'Feliz Navidad' rather catchy. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I have many, but I'll pick just one.

Mannheim Steamroller's Silent Night.

I think it's absolutely beautiful, but I tend to stay away from it because it makes me very sad/nostalgic for times gone by.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Contributor

How many kings by Downhere and Christmas shoes by newsong makes me cry every time.

Super Contributor

There are so many wonderful Christmas songs it's hard to choose a favorite. I love Bing Crosby's version of White Christmas since my parents always had that playing at holiday time. Also The Little Drummer Boy and Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas. For more traditional hymns I have always been touched by Ave Maria. Music is such a big part of the holidays for me, it always evokes fond memories of past Christmas times with family and friends.

Respected Contributor

Bing Crosby's white Christmas, Mary did you know, carol of the bells....so many favorites.
Valued Contributor

Me too...I'm in the mood early to hear Christmas songs also. I have soooo many favorites, but probably if I had to pick I'd go with, "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas."

For religious Christmas carols, I would pick, "Angels We Have Heard on High." Brian McKnight with Josh Groban have an awesome version of this song that gives me goosebumps everytime I hear it.