Esteemed Contributor

My birthday was wonderful (& the movie St Vincent is great!)

I had a WONDERFUL birthday today! My husband surprised me and took off work and woke me this morning with an amazing breakfast he made!

Then, we went to an early movie to see St Vincent. (It was great and Bill Murray was fabulous in the movie!).

PS) To top it off the movie was free for me because it was my birthday and the nice lady gave us coupons for free popcorn and soda (we go there pretty much so she knows us).

And then we went for a ride up the mountain to see the Fall leaves (and I took pics), and then earlier tonight my husband took me out for lobster tail! (Yum!).

(Then we greeted trick or treaters from 6 to 9).

He also gave me a new electronic tablet for my bday which I am loving.

And last weekend my kids (who live over an hour away), took my husband and I out to a birthday dinner (to celebrate early), and they picked up the tab and they got me great gifts. Clothing and cds! (Yes I still love cds and vinyl).

It may sound like "simple things" and I may not be able to do what I used to with my bad back, BUT to me its the simple things in life that count and I am blessed to have a wonderful husband, 2 wonderful children, and 3 wonderful grandchildren!

That's all...

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

Re: My birthday was wonderful (& the movie St Vincent is great!)

Those are the days we cherish. Happy Birthday!

Esteemed Contributor

Shorty2u...I know it is late but HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Wow, you had a great day and I must say your husband sounds like one of the greatest guys in town. He sure did treat you like a princess and no doubt you deserved it. Your children did right by you too, you are so lucky. I wish I had known it was your birthday earlier in the day and I'm glad I found your thread so I could send you wishes. ((((hugs))))

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

Sorry my birthday wishes are late, but I'm so happy you had such a beautiful day with your loved ones.

There is nothing more important than the love of your family!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

Now that's a celebration I would have loved! Lobster...yum. I really enjoyed St. Vincent, too.
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you kindly for the birthday wishes! I had a great day! and I wasn't looking forward to my bday this year..lol. but it was nice.

And yes I hope Billy Murray gets nominated for an Oscar. Loved the movie so much!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Super Contributor

Happy Birthday Shorty ...

I saw the movie yesterday and loved it ...

Bill Murray is such a good actor ... he was great in this movie ... I teared up at several parts of the movie ... I would highly recommend this movie ...

~~ Good enough is good enough ~~
Respected Contributor

Glad you had such a nice birthday, Shorty. I really want to see that movie. Thanks for the review!

Super Contributor

That role was tailor-made for Bill Murray!

Glad you had such a wonderful birthday!

Respected Contributor

Awww…what a great birthday and sweet hubby! I'm going to see St. Vincent this weekend and saw mixed reviews, so glad to hear it's funny.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown