Respected Contributor

Polls both by phone and in person have been going on since August and I answered truthfully. Now it is absurd so I have no trouble giving whatever answer I feel like. I know how I'm voting and that hasn't changed since August.

Honored Contributor

Re: are you truthful in polls?

Always

Honored Contributor

I decline to take part in polls. Husband and I voted last week.

Super Contributor

I don't answer the phone unless I recognize the number.

Super Contributor

Now. I always make it up. I learned from my father. He was a master with unsolicited telephone calls!

Honored Contributor

i dont answer the phone.....i use my caller ID and/or answering machine.

if i do a poll in person then yes, i am truthful......why shouldnt i be?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

If I do a poll, I would definitely be truthful. I cannot imagine why I would want to sabotage a poll.

As for phone solicitations, however, I generally do not participate and try to get them to stop calling plus putting the number in the 'blocked' list on my phones.

Super Contributor

Caller ID and answering machine utilized here too. So.... NO polling!!

Esteemed Contributor

Would never do one on the phone and in person I decline.

Super Contributor

We mail in our votes in my states. The last minute calls are to me a desperation attempt to get people out to vote. Those of us who knew what our decisions were ages ago, have long since mailed in our ballots. Whoever is left who goes to the polls probably won't have much affect on the total vote. And yes, if I actually answer the phone when one of them calls, I tell them EXACTLY what I think.

OT, but early this morning I got another of those scam calls telling me I would be arrested if I didn't call a certain number from the IRS. These people are not only total low life creeps, but are also stupid. Why would anyone from the IRS call, threaten you, and leave a phone number to call? The IRS deals in paper documents. Between them and the scammers who claim your computer has been infected with a virus that only they can solve, I am kept busy reporting this and blocking numbers on Comcast. I am so sick of dishonest, unscrupulous jerks insinuating themselves into my life, even if it is by phone.