Yoo Hoo!

Honored Contributor

Re: Dow closes at record high-17,392.00

Hooray, I like when I make money.

Respected Contributor

On 10/31/2014 deepwaterdotter said:

Hooray, I like when I make money.

Yeah, me, too, but still trying to make back what was lost the last couple of weeks. One step forward then two back; just makes me nervous again.

Esteemed Contributor

Considering where it went to in 2008-2009 and how much money was lost, I keep wondering why so many people keep talking about how bad the economy is? Some things have been done right in the past 6 years in spite of what some would have us believe, and I for one believe in giving credit where credit is due (which we're not allowed to talk about here). This country is in such a much better position than it was then... granted, things aren't perfect, but would we want to go back there? Not me!

Respected Contributor

Japan was a huge help.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Super Contributor

kitty . . . I think it is the old "rich get richer and the poor get poorer" . . . as to why people don't think the economy has truly turned around. We're fine . . . but too many aren't . . . they are barely and in some cases not even treading water.

MomTo2Dogs, Yep Japan was a HUGE help today.

Where oh where to move & hide some money . . . legally OF Course!!! I admit, I get nervous & worry too much about it . . . husband not so much.

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/31/2014 Qwackertoo said:

kitty . . . I think it is the old "rich get richer and the poor get poorer" . . . as to why people don't think the economy has truly turned around. We're fine . . . but too many aren't . . . they are barely and in some cases not even treading water.

Where oh where to move & hide some money . . . legally OF Course!!! I admit, I get nervous & worry too much about it . . . husband not so much.

I agree with your statement, and it's sad what has been happening to the middle class, but that's been going on for way longer than the last six years. If only we had some people in DC that had enough (I'm trying to find a word to substitute for what I really think, but you probably get the gist) you-know-whats to get some important things done, I think that would start to turn around. And although I'm sure most people here know I trust some more than others to do that, it's the responsibility of all in both houses to see that it happens. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/31/2014 MomTo2Dogs said:

Japan was a huge help.

They were of help to WS, yes because they too are now printing $.

Makes me very nervous and I've been stashing, too.

Waiting for Esmereldagooch to join the conversation.

Honored Contributor

On 10/31/2014 kittymomNC said:

Considering where it went to in 2008-2009 and how much money was lost, I keep wondering why so many people keep talking about how bad the economy is? Some things have been done right in the past 6 years in spite of what some would have us believe, and I for one believe in giving credit where credit is due (which we're not allowed to talk about here). This country is in such a much better position than it was then... granted, things aren't perfect, but would we want to go back there? Not me!

So true. My investments speak heavily to that for this last several years. Conversely, the several year period previously it was quite bad. I was very worried, to say the least. But I've gotten back all I lost and more so - whew! Smiley Happy

I have a chunk of change coming next month from a pension rollover, that I was hoping to get in time to add to my current investments while it was low. Oh well - not complaining!

Super Contributor

On 10/31/2014 kittymomNC said:
On 10/31/2014 Qwackertoo said:

I agree with your statement, and it's sad what has been happening to the middle class, but that's been going on for way longer than the last six years. If only we had some people in DC that had enough (I'm trying to find a word to substitute for what I really think, but you probably get the gist) you-know-whats to get some important things done, I think that would start to turn around. And although I'm sure most people here know I trust some more than others to do that, it's the responsibility of all in both houses to see that it happens. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

True that. But not even the middle class while they are shrinking . . . the POOR are who I worry about more.

Where I live the middle and upper middle class seems to be fairing pretty well but the poor just are languishing worse than ever before.

Me . . . I would say last 8 years give or take.

And I think you know from most of my posts . . . I don't give ANY of them more trust than the others . . . yes I know . . . very cynical of me . . . but the ole fool me once shame on me fool me twice shame on you . . . so nope NONE Of Them have EARNED that . . . they all are on a power & money trip and left us all or most of us behind, we just just get the "bill".

But those are my thoughts on it . . . everyone has theirs . . . as it should be.