Trusted Contributor

Antenna TV is doing an Alfred Hitchcock Presents marathon for Halloween today.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Respected Contributor

Thanks for the notice. I may watch some of those, if it'll help me escape from all those dadgum awful political announcements!

Honored Contributor

Ooh, fun! I have to check and see if we get that channel. It doesn't sound familiar.

My favorite, most terrifying, AHitchcock episode was one of the one-hour shows where these nurses were staying in this house (which was the same house they used for Psycho) and somebody was killing them off. I won't spoil it, but I remember when I first saw it, it scared the qrap out of me!

Honored Contributor

My husband talks about that episode scaring him silly, CB. I don't recall seeing it ever.

Super Contributor
Do you remember, back in the 60's I think, when Richard Speck (probably not spelled right) killed 8 nurses who lived together in the same apartment? It seems like it happened in Chicago? That really scared me. Put the lie to "safety in numbers".
Respected Contributor
On 10/31/2014 chickenbutt said:

Ooh, fun! I have to check and see if we get that channel. It doesn't sound familiar.

My favorite, most terrifying, AHitchcock episode was one of the one-hour shows where these nurses were staying in this house (which was the same house they used for Psycho) and somebody was killing them off. I won't spoil it, but I remember when I first saw it, it scared the qrap out of me!

Yes! When I first saw that I was alone in a big house babysitting for a relative. OMG I was so scared. Then when they started running the Hitchcock's on those oldie channels I made sure to see it again. It wasn't scary at all this time LOL!

Respected Contributor

PS: The best thing about watching those old shows is the fashions, the cars, the furnishings etc. Those giant steering wheels in the automobiles crack me up. Also EVERYBODY smokes!

Respected Contributor
On 10/31/2014 dobiesrule said: Do you remember, back in the 60's I think, when Richard Speck (probably not spelled right) killed 8 nurses who lived together in the same apartment? It seems like it happened in Chicago? That really scared me. Put the lie to "safety in numbers".

Yes, that's the correct spelling & it was in the summer of 1966. He managed to catch them off guard & the one who identified him had been able to hide under a bed. Can you imagine the nightmares she must have? Anyway, he died in prison in 1991-no loss to anyone.

Honored Contributor

I've been watching since last night. today, while cleaning the range top, UGH, it is a nice distraction.

Trusted Contributor

My favorite part of the show is Hitchcock's ironic sense of humor

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.