Esteemed Contributor

are you going to watch Nik Wallenda on Sunday?

I watched him walk across the canyon with my hand over my eyes, peeping between my fingers. I'm terrified of heights and truly cannot understand how someone could do that.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Trusted Contributor

Re: are you going to watch Nik Wallenda on Sunday?

I can't watch anyone on a tightrope and I've never understood how people do it. Who was the person who got the original idea to walk across a tight rope and WHY?

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Honored Contributor

Not interested.

Regular Contributor

Ha! GMTA: I was just about to start a thread about this.

I watched Nik wire walk over Niagara Falls 2 years ago, then when he did it at the Grand Canyon last year. I think out of all his walks I've seen so far, the Grand Canyon one made me the most nervous as he did not wear a tether like he did at Niagara Falls. I was literally on the edge of my seat the entire time.

I plan on watching Nik skywalk (blindfolded) on Sunday, but I will probably end up taking a xanax 20 minutes beforehand lol.

Nik must have b@//s of steel to do what he does, but he's a pro and knows exactly what he's doing. I wish him luck on Sunday.

Respected Contributor

I don't know if I can watch his upcoming walk. I watched the Grand Canyon walk and it made me queasy.

Honored Contributor

I watched the early morning news on WGN (Chicago) where they were showing the live setup for the walk. They had to complete the placement of the tightrope before the start of traffic congestion in the Loop. Will try to catch the actual walk this weekend.

Super Contributor

I'll watch a replay after I know he's completed the walk safely.

I sat across the aisle from him on a flight from SRQ to ATL last fall. He was incredibly nice and very low key. When one of his seat mates asked him what he does for a living he simply said ""I work for the circus"".

Honored Contributor

I don't think I can watch it, although I wish I could.

Scares me senseless.

Honored Contributor

I don't enjoy things like that. LOL

Honored Contributor

On 10/31/2014 KittyLouWhoToo said:

I don't think I can watch it, although I wish I could.

Scares me senseless.

I agree. I just do not see the sense in this, let alone televising it.

I remember staring for a long time at the pictures of the fall that killed his relatives. It traumatized me.