Honored Contributor
We've got an Amber Alert going on and a helicopter has been circling for about an hour. A ten year old girl ran away from home last nigh after her parents punished her. They think she may be trying to get to her biological father's house on the other side of the mountains about 40 miles away. We had an emergency robo call this morning. I hope they find her. Every cop in town is out looking.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I hope they find her and that she's ok.

Regular Contributor

Its tough to be a kid sometimes, "escape " can seem like freedom.. but it seldom is the answer to anything....Hopefully she will be found and get the support she feels she needs...

Super Contributor

I have to wonder what the punishment was for her to do something so drastic.

I hope they find her and that she's safe.

Respected Contributor

I hope she's ok and found very soon.

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Honored Contributor
On 10/31/2014 newziesuzie said:

I hope she's ok and found very soon.

Me, too. Scary situation.

Honored Contributor
On 10/30/2014 Issiestorm said:

The child is still missing. They've got people on ATVs, horseback and on foot looking for her. There's a lot of undeveloped rough, hilly desert around here so they've got helicopters up.

I don't know what she did but her mom took her stuffed animals away from her. Mom read her a story at bedtime, tucked her in and found her missing when she went to wake her up in the morning. She'd packed two backpacks with clothes. They found one about a block from home.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Oops, nevermind, I was looking at some old news.

Super Contributor
On 10/31/2014 kachina624 said:
On 10/30/2014 Issiestorm said:

The child is still missing. They've got people on ATVs, horseback and on foot looking for her. There's a lot of undeveloped rough, hilly desert around here so they've got helicopters up.

I don't know what she did but her mom took her stuffed animals away from her. Mom read her a story at bedtime, tucked her in and found her missing when she went to wake her up in the morning. She'd packed two backpacks with clothes. They found one about a block from home.

Oh no, I was hoping they would have found her by now. There's something about them finding the one backpack so close to home that IMO sounds a bit sinister. I pray they will find her soon. This is just so sad.

Respected Contributor

Are girls still very attached to stuffed animals at that age that taking them away as punishment would be such a big deal?

My granddaughters still had them in their bedrooms but as for attachment, a computer game or other electronic gadget would have been the "take away" item for punishment.