Esteemed Contributor

This morning a twin engine Beechcraft, with only the pilot on board, crashed in to the Flight Safety Building at Wichita Mid-Continent Air Port.(ICT){#emotions_dlg.crying}

4 dead. The pilot and 3 in training in the flight simulator inside the building. 5 injured.

The pilot reported to be highly experienced.

The initial reports say that the pilot took off, and then turned to return and crashed into the building.{#emotions_dlg.crying}

You can read the story on kake.com

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

I saw that on the news. Looks like he had engine trouble. So sad.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor
On 10/30/2014 Irshgrl31201 said:

I saw that on the news. Looks like he had engine trouble. So sad.

Yes, no official word yet, but that's what I would think. Had trouble, turned around and didn't make it back.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

I saw this today.......that is terrible.

My deceased x-husband was a pilot and flew a Bonanza...... He was very good, and during take off and landing no one talked in the plane...... He did have his air transport license...... I loved flying with him, and felt very safe every time we flew someplace........

Esteemed Contributor
On 10/30/2014 ShowMe said:

I saw this today.......that is terrible.

My deceased x-husband was a pilot and flew a Bonanza...... He was very good, and during take off and landing no one talked in the plane...... He did have his air transport license...... I loved flying with him, and felt very safe every time we flew someplace........

They said the pilot was a contract pilot and retired air traffic controller. Our Chief Meteorologist proposed a couple of scenarios involving wind shear and low altitude on the 6pm news cast. It will probably be weeks before we know for sure.

Part of the building is still unsafe for firefighters and rescue personnel to enter, but I think they said they had accounted for everyone.