Honored Contributor

Well, it's finally going to hit us good and hard......

A cold front went through yesterday, and another one is supposed to come through starting at about noon tomorrow, leaving us with a very cold Halloween, and the first hard freeze of the season.......for the St. Louis area.

Have a feeling there won't be very many little ones out there tomorrow night.......

We don't get any trick or treaters in our apartment complex......

What area they calling for where you live (please give an idea of where you are).......?????

Respected Contributor

Re: Well, it's finally going to hit us good and hard......

it's been chilly here.............we went from hot to cold in one day.........but for here that's the norm......................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Super Contributor

We've had several hard freezes already this fall. Most all of the leaves are off the trees. Starting tonight, we have a Gale warning, 50kts through Saturday. The waves on the open lake of Lake Michigan are going to be 25-28 ft! Near shore the waves are going to be 15ft. I can't wait to see the big waves! I'll be checking on the freighters and their travels too. I hope they stay put for at least 24-36 hours.

Honored Contributor

Rain tomorrow, then 46 at 6:00 pm and dropping fast here tomorrow night. Snow expected in Gatlinburg. 15-20 mph winds, too. Not happy. Trying to figure out what to wear under my costume to keep the chill away. Or, maybe what to drink. LOL

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

It's been pretty mild, so far. 30s at night, which I love. up to 70s during the day still, though, which I don't love.

My only complaint is that people are already burning wood so I can barely go outside for a minute or two without coughing up a lung. Smiley Sad

Valued Contributor

Hi ShowMe

I think you need a trip out here (So. Cal). Tomorrow will be a high of 72 and a low of 58.

Stay warm and cuddle up with Mr. Lucky.

Super Contributor

Seattle....showers let up, about 50 degrees. Pretty nice.
Valued Contributor

The higher elevations along the NC and TN border are under winter storm warnings with other areas under winter storm advisories:

Expect snow to begin falling in the high country between 8 & 10 P.M. Halloween night. The intensity of the snow will pick up after midnight into Saturday. By then, snow will have already begun to fall across many lower elevations-including Asheville. Accumulations will be greatest along and near the Tennessee border, with elevations above 4,500 receiving from as much as 6" to 12" by Saturday evening. Between 3,500 & 4,500 feet expect a range of 4" to 6".

It is still October for cryin' out loud.

Honored Contributor

It snowed in Old Forge two Sundays ago!

Super Contributor

On 10/30/2014 Preds said:

46 at 6:00 pm and dropping fast here tomorrow night. Snow expected in Gatlinburg. 15-20 mph winds, too. Not happy. Trying to figure out what to wear under my costume to keep the chill away. Or, maybe what to drink. LOL

A good Cab will keep you warm! We have a football game to go to tomorrow night, the thought of sitting on metal bleachers, with 55 mph winds, in 30 degree temps, doesn't sound too good to me.