Respected Contributor

Our former mayor, Mayor Menino, passed away after dealing with several health issues. The last one being cancer. He decided to stop treatment last week and wanted to spend time with his family. He was the best, served for 2 decades. Longest running mayor Boston ever had. I can't believed it happened was so fast. I thought he would at least live a few more months. It is truly as sad day for all of us from Boston. At least he is at peace now.

Honored Contributor

Re: Boston MA Such a Sad Day

I heard he suspended his book tour. I didn't realize he was so close to the end. Smiley Sad

RIP, Mayor Menino.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

On 10/30/2014 dmod nj said:

I heard he suspended his book tour. I didn't realize he was so close to the end. Smiley Sad

RIP, Mayor Menino.

Yes he did, I want to get a copy of that book though. He was really the only mayor I knew, he was a wonderful man. A people person. Not the typical guy you see in politics. A rare breed.

Super Contributor

He loved our city. He was Boston Strong.
Respected Contributor

He was an old-fashioned working man's democrat; one of the best. I'll never forget how he checked himself out of the hospital with a broken leg, so that he could comfort his city after the Boston bombing. Rest in peace, Mayor Menino.
"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Respected Contributor

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~
Respected Contributor

On 10/30/2014 MarLoCat said:

great picture of him. thanks for sharing.