Super Contributor

WHO MAKES A GROCERY LIST.....

and remembers to take it with them...and sticks to it? I always have a list in my head, but usually forget something. I sometimes make a list but forget to take it with me or forget to put something on it. {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

A house is not a home without a cat!
Honored Contributor

Re: WHO MAKES A GROCERY LIST.....

I'm a forgetful old lady these days. If I don't make a list and take it with me, I won't know why I even went to the store in the first place. But I might come home with a couple extras if I find a good deal.

Honored Contributor

Make it? Yes. Remember to bring it? Yes - well, 99% of the time.

Stick to it? Kinda Smiley Happy

Even if I just need two things I have to bring a list now because now I'll forget what both of them were, without the list. Still trying to get used to that, as a person who used to have a photographic memory and, believe it or not, used to actually be smart. It's frustrating, to say the least.

Honored Contributor

My nearest market is 25 miles away, the others are 30. So I'm pretty good about remembering the list. I keep it in the back right pocket of my jeans. I always shop in jeans because of the pockets. And the keys go in my right front pocket. If my purse gets stolen, I can always get home.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I make a list. I keep one in the kitchen; and if someone needs something, it goes on the list. I forget it all the time, so I take a picture of it on my phone. Solves that problem...

Do I stick to it? LOL. I try.

Esteemed Contributor

I do and never forget to bring it. In fact, we are going to the doctor and after that, we will stop at Publix. Of course, I get a lot of stuff that isn't on the list, but when I do get the "listed" stuff, I scratch it off as soon as it's in the cart. Otherwise, I'll never remember anything.

OTOH, if I ask hubby to get something and he runs off to another aisle, I just KNOW, he will bring back not only two of them, but something I either have in the cabinet, or I KNOW will never be used..... Lots of that in the storage cabinet.

P.S. When I go shopping by myself, I have been known to return stuff that he has picked up and we never used.... Wink

Honored Contributor

We do pretty well with all of this. Kind of like deepwater and Chicken above.

Honored Contributor

Oh! I do have one little tip about lists, FWIW -

If you don't like wasting paper or buying those list pad things or whatever, I find that there are always pieces of paper I can cut up into normal (for me) list size instead of just throwing them away.

For instance, often in magazines there is some insert thing and it is held in the magazine with a plain white piece of paper on the other side. I just tear that out and it can be cut into two list-size pieces. Also, if I print something and don't preview it first (cuz I forgot, most likely) , and there is an extra page that's just header stuff or something unnecessary, I can cut that piece of paper into 4 pieces instead of throwing it away. There are a million ways where I find myself with a plain piece of paper that would, otherwise, be thrown away.

I have a cover for my Vitamix that this lady on ebay made and it has front and back pockets. I just put all those sheets of paper, with a paperclip, inside the front pocket and they are always handy for when it's time to make a list - grocery list, or to do list, etc.

Trusted Contributor

My husband does most of our grocery shopping. I make the list and plan our meals. So yes, a list is very important and I make one every few days.

Honored Contributor

I order my groceries online and have them delivered; I always make a list. Otherwise I wouldn't order half of what I need and I'd do heck of lot of impulse buying. Even in the days when I did shop in grocery stores, I always had my list with me.