Trusted Contributor

Liquidation Channel jewelry?

Has anyone ever ordered from this channel/website? They have fantastic prices and $1.99 s&h plus a coupon code for and extra 20% off today. There are several rings I would love, but I'm hesitant about ordering from them, as I don't know anyone who has ordered from them.

Any thoughts or experiences? Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Liquidation Channel jewelry?

I ordered several pieces from them last year, some of it fashion jewelry & some of it pieces set in 14 karat gold or platinum plated sterling silver. The jewelry is nice but keep in mind that they don't accept returns on items under $200. If you buy something that's less than that, you're stuck with it. I purchased a Burmese ruby/diamond ring set in 14 karat gold & I purchased a tanzanite/diamond ring set in 14 karat gold. I just had both pieces appraised recently & they both appraised at 4 times what I paid for the items.

Also, keep in mind that their retail values on their "better" pieces are inflated but the items do appraise for more than you pay for them. With the rings that I recently had appraised, they look beautiful to the naked eye, which is how most of us view them, but the appraiser said that the diamond quality wasn't that great. She valued the ruby at $1,600, the tanzanite at $2,600. I paid around $1,100 for both rings.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I started buying jewelry from them about 6 months ago and I think I'm addicted. When I say jewelry, I am not talking about expensive jewelry. Basically, I buy things when they have an under $20 or an under $10 show. I'm a big silver lover and I like the artisan crafted look with interesting semi precious stones. So, I bought some wonderful jasper, lapis, turquoise, black spinel pieces. Some pieces are in sterling, some in stainless steel. But I have only had a few (3 or 4) disapointments. Shipping is quite reasonable at $1.99 but you can't return anything that is under $200. That's why I haven't bought anything more expensive. I have only good things to say about them. But, I only buy "fun" jewelry and hair accessories. I almost forgot about that. They sell the cutest hair pins with little flower accents.

I just came across a good example. J317319 Honora set of dyed blue pearl bracelets, $30 plus $5 for shipping. The pearls aren't uniformly shaped. Well, I bought a 20inch necklace from LC made from the same color pearls but mine are all round pearls and they are set in a lovely floral design, the metal is stainless steel and no one would guess that it isn't sterling silver. It's lovely, well made and I plan to wear it with my London Blue ring and earrings. I paid $9.99 plus $1.99 shipping.

Super Contributor

When they're selling a ring that is about 24.95 that's what you'll get. I got a sapphire ring with inclusions in it, a ruby ring with inclusions in it, a rose de France ring that was so light it didn't seem genuine and yes you can't return anything under 200.00 so buyer beware!

Trusted Contributor

I like their fashion jewelry, its much cheaper than fashion jewelry at the B&M department stores and usually just as nice but half the price. I do NOT care for their artisan-crafted line because I think its done by the less experienced artisans and the designs usually are flawed in some instances or not as well done as the quality is lacking. I liken them to second-string artisans. The workmanship is lacking, at least in the pieces I bought.

The 18K AAA tanzanite ring I bought for my MIL appraised at a much higher price than I paid for it and it was very nice quality.

Honored Contributor

You can spend several hundred and get rubies and sapphires with inclusions. That's pretty much what is coming out of the mines now days. Also many opaque stones in those two categories. I buy from them and Rocks TV, basic gemstones in basic styles. Learn your millimeter sizes or you will get surprised with very small stones at times. The big three will have higher prices, but more intricate and creative designs, also consistent higher stone quality. All three allow returns. Rocks also allows returns. They have a tendency towards light stones and the settings are minimal and basic in both silver and gold. I have an outlet to dump duds, so I can take more chances.