Respected Contributor

I posted a few days ago about making sachets with my roses. I looked for the thread and couldn't find it. Has anyone done this?

Esteemed Contributor

No I haven't but it sounds wonderful. I have one in Lily of the Valley in my lingerie drawer and it is heavenly. Hope you find a way to do it with your rose petals.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

Thanks Lindsays grandma, I have done it with dried lavender from the garden but not the roses. This is the last bloom of the year so was hoping to do something with them. I thought R&R had made them but she didn't answer.

Regular Contributor

RRR Is now Blonde Venus...

Super Contributor
I thought RRR was also Goldeylock from the beauty forum about Perricone products. She had several nic names going at one time yesterday.
Honored Contributor

if you want to ask her something she is also using her ""ilovehummingbirds"" nic again.......saw it yesterday in the beauty forums along with blondevenus.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I use whole cloves, especially during the Fall, Autumn, Holidays. Great for hanging in closets, linen closets (fairly away from pillowcases, sheets), if you like the scent of cloves. Sometimes craft stores sell bulk lavender, too.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Seems to be an appropriate thread (it seems to me, anyway).

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

I have never used cloves in a sachet, but have put them in oranges and then hung them. Maybe I will do that again.

I picked my roses and they are outside drying. (Maybe that will bring the rain).

I am going to pull the petals off shortly and see if this is going to work.

Honored Contributor

It's worth a try, especially for drought areas. I (and many others) wished and hoped for rain during the fires over in near the Palm Springs area last year or so ago. (It did rain shortly after, fires subsided, thank goodness.) It's all a matter of wishing and hoping for better luck for other folks all across the country.