Honored Contributor

Election ads, email, phonecalls

When it's over, can't be too soon, will the feeling of something missing replace them?

I'm thinking we should vote for the candidates who have bothered us the least, the ones with the fewest tv ads, robo calls, and emails. After all they would owe fewer favors to contributors.

Anyone onboard?

Respected Contributor

Re: Election ads, email, phonecalls

Then there wouldn't be anyone to vote for. LOL! I did find out that voting will make the phone calls go away. The only thing we can do about the tv commercials is to turn it off, put it on mute, or change the channel. Just a few more days & it'll be over, for 2 years at least.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Valued Contributor

I look to see who's calling, if it's a zip code I don't know or an unknown number, I pick up and then hang up. I don't want those calls on my answering machine.

Respected Contributor

I heard on the news the other night that it could be months - January before we have all the final results for this election....especially the close ones.

I plan to vote for the one that had the least obnoxious ads on TV. Not an easy task.

Honored Contributor

It's the signs up and down the major thoroughfares near me that are getting on my nerves.
Honored Contributor

About the time the candidate calls end, the calls start wanting end of the year donations since they can be deducted on income tax returns.

Honored Contributor

So sick of it! I'm not getting many robocalls, yet anyway. But every day I get a whole handful of those stupid flyer things. What a freaking waste!!

Are there people who are so stupid that they get those flyers and say 'ooh, this is purdy - I'll vote for this person'. Never mind. I probably don't want to know the answer to that.

The tv ads are just as ridiculous. I've watched numerous tv ads for candidates and every single one, without fail, just goes on and on and on about what is bad about the other person. Ooh, that other candidate is so horrible and so evil. I've not seen a single ad, or even part of an ad, where the candidate tells us what it is about him/her that is why one should vote for him/her.

Respected Contributor

On 10/29/2014 chickenbutt said:

So sick of it! I'm not getting many robocalls, yet anyway. But every day I get a whole handful of those stupid flyer things. What a freaking waste!!

Are there people who are so stupid that they get those flyers and say 'ooh, this is purdy - I'll vote for this person'. Never mind. I probably don't want to know the answer to that.

The tv ads are just as ridiculous. I've watched numerous tv ads for candidates and every single one, without fail, just goes on and on and on about what is bad about the other person. Ooh, that other candidate is so horrible and so evil. I've not seen a single ad, or even part of an ad, where the candidate tells us what it is about him/her that is why one should vote for him/her.

OMG....yes...I totally agree....although one of the cadidates here has his mother-in-law in an ad telling us what a good son-in-law he is.

Honored Contributor

They basically tell us they're the lessor of two evils so we would be better off electing them.

Respected Contributor

And the closer we get to Nov 4th the more outlandish the ads become.