Honored Contributor

Probably wants a law enacted in her name.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Super Contributor

Respected Contributor

Is this about Brittany Maynard, the woman who has terminal brain cancer and is spreading awareness about Death with Dignity laws?

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor
No, JJsMom. I think we're back to the Ebola nurse Christie released to Maine. :/
Esteemed Contributor
On 10/29/2014 tansy said: No, JJsMom. I think we're back to the Ebola nurse Christie released to Maine. :/

If that's what this is about, which is what I first thought, I wonder if it hasn't already been beaten to death....{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Respected Contributor

Thanks, tansy.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Respected Contributor

IF this is about Miss Ebola Nurse, the governor of Maine has said she WILL stay under quarantine.

2 State Police cars will be stationed in front and back of the house she is staying in to enforce the quarantine.

I don't think this is a "civil rights" issue. I believe the government has broad power for public health to enforce this quarantine.

Hyacinth

Esteemed Contributor

I have one comment. If people under this "voluntary" quarantine KNOW that if they don't stay in their home for the required 21 days, they will be forced to do it, then in my opinion, that makes this an "involuntary, mandatory" quarantine from the get go.

You can't say something is voluntary, but at the same time say if you don't volunteer to do it, then we will force you to do it. That makes no sense at all. They might as well be up front about it and truthful about it, and SAY, we will make you do it whether you want to or not. This is a MANDATORY quarantine, any way you look at it. There's nothing "voluntary" about it.

Respected Contributor

Look around the internet at the comments being made where ever her story appears you'll see she doesn't have a lot of supporters on this.

Respected Contributor
On 10/29/2014 kittymomNC said:

I have one comment. If people under this "voluntary" quarantine KNOW that if they don't stay in their home for the required 21 days, they will be forced to do it, then in my opinion, that makes this an "involuntary, mandatory" quarantine from the get go.

You can't say something is voluntary, but at the same time say if you don't volunteer to do it, then we will force you to do it. That makes no sense at all. They might as well be up front about it and truthful about it, and SAY, we will make you do it whether you want to or not. This is a MANDATORY quarantine, any way you look at it.

A mandatory quarantine would be a lock up somewhere. JMO