Super Contributor

According to local Maine news at noon (WCSH), she is not staying at the boyfriend's house. She is at an "undisclosed" ocation in northern Maine, is still lawyered up and plans to fight the 21 day quarantine which is the law in Maine (same as NJ and NY).

Respected Contributor

I saw something about this soxfan. The article I read (AP) said at first that she was under quarantine, but then later on it said they were making it voluntary. If she doesn't comply they will consider other options. I'll see if I can find it.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_EBOLA_NURSE_QUARANTINED_MAINE?SITE=MYPSP&SECTION=HOME&TEM...

Respected Contributor

From the link above:

In Maine, state officials also announced a quarantine.

"Upon the healthcare workers' return home, we will follow the guidelines set by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control for medical workers who have been in contact with Ebola patients," Gov. Paul LePage said in a statement. "Additionally, we will work with the healthcare worker to establish an in-home quarantine protocol to ensure there is no direct contact with other Mainers until the period for potential infection has passed."

But state officials said later it was only a voluntary quarantine.

"We fully expect individuals to voluntarily comply with an in-home quarantine," LePage spokeswoman Adrienne Bennett said Monday. "If an individual is not compliant, the state is prepared to take appropriate action."

Bennett did not immediately say what "appropriate action" might be

END QUOTE

Esteemed Contributor

scottie, I answered you on the other thread... didn't know if you went back again.Smile

Respected Contributor

What is wrong with this woman that she can't/won't comply with this?

Respected Contributor

Soxfan, I have heard that Kaci works for the CDC for their Epidemic Intelligence Service (EIS). That could explain her position on the matter, and her outrage at having to be quarantined after being in the midst of ebola patients. I think she is selfish and wrong.

Respected Contributor
On 10/28/2014 Jersey Born said:

Soxfan, I have heard that Kaci works for the CDC for their Epidemic Intelligence Service (EIS). That could explain her position on the matter, and her outrage at having to be quarantined after being in the midst of ebola patients. I think she is selfish and wrong.

I agree! She of all people should know better and needs to zip it.

Respected Contributor
If I were held, involuntarily , in a TENT with no running water or heat in the parking lot of a hospital, I would have been lawyered up before the flap on the tent was closed.
Super Contributor

She isn't going to win any popularity contests in Maine or NJ or in many other places at the rate she is going. And any previous sympathies many may have felt for her in the beginning will diminish at the rate she is going too!

Are mistakes being made? Yes. Are they trying to deal with un-chartered territory? Yes.

What a mess. And the changing protocols and announcements aren't helping. While YES they should change as more is learned . . . it seems very chaotic at this point in time. While not bolstering confidence of the ""general American public"" who at best aren't the most informed on even trivial matters much less serious and deadly ones.

Esteemed Contributor
On 10/28/2014 Danky said: If I were held, involuntarily , in a TENT with no running water or heat in the parking lot of a hospital, I would have been lawyered up before the flap on the tent was closed.

Really, you would have? I could see that if Ebola was even common in this country but it is something very new in this country and people are still figuring it out. I agree, it was not ideal what happened to her in the beginning but she was held for 7 hrs right? I certainly can understand the frustration she felt traveling a long way and then having to deal with this. Traveling alone with nothing going wrong can be annoying enough but this isn't something that Americans have dealt with before and the more chefs you have in the kitchen the more confusing it can become which is most likely why this became such a cluster@#$!.

She spent some time in a place she didn't want to be but it wasn't too long and she was flown home privately. Get over it already. At this point all the stuff she is doing now is making her look like a jerk.

Good lord, I have sat in a hospital for longer, alone with nothing to eat and no one updating me and I lived to tell about it. It is called Friday night in the ER.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK