Respected Contributor

Do You Have A "Christmas Tree Shops" In Your Area?

We have one here, and I love it. I don't know where the name came from, but the store doesn't focus on Christmas. They have everyday items and décor for all holidays. We love their holiday coffees. I picked up Boston's Best pumpkin spice coffee ($3.99/12 oz bag), and it was better than any we'd ever tasted. We went back for more.

One of my friends is going through some health issues, so I picked up a couple of brightly colored owl mugs (@ $2.99) and a couple bags of that coffee. Who won't smile drinking coffee or tea from one of those?Smile

Christmas Tree Shops has something for everyone.

What worries you masters you.
Super Contributor

Re: Do You Have A ""Christmas Tree Shops"" In Your Area?

Have one about 30 minutes away. Last time I went was about 4 years ago. I like it; lots of interesting things. I bought a small Christmas tree. I know people who went there many years ago and they say it used to be much better but that seems to be the norm with a lot of stores. However, it is cool place.

Respected Contributor

That's interesting, because ours is even better now than I remember it when I first went there!

I tagged along with a friend about 10 years ago and thought it was nice, then stopped in when a Marshall's moved to the same lot. I was hooked!

What worries you masters you.
Trusted Contributor

We have two garden shops in the area that keep Christmas items up all year, but I would not call them a "Christmas" shop. There used to be a Christmas Mouse store in Myrtle Beach, but they closed a few years ago.

Super Contributor

CTS or "the TREE" as we used to call it, is now owned by Bed Bath & Beyond. It has changed drastically. Those of us who live where it all started are not impressed with the change. Used to be, in the beginning, they bought out other businesses and/or over runs of production. Now Ocean State Job Lots does that (even stuff like D&C and Lori G. stuff from the Q!).

CTS, for several years, under the original owners, started manufacturing items 'similar' to high-end items. If they got sued it didn't matter. They could afford it!

It's not the same. It just isn't. More like a BB&B outlet or downgrade.

and, ps......they were originally only on the Cape. Now they go south and all the way north to Maine. Totally different corporate.

Respected Contributor

Used to see commercials for this store late at night. The theme was catchy: ""Don't you just looooove the bargains? "" Don't think we have one close by.

Honored Contributor

We have a really great store near us. They have an extensive gift shop as part of their store and decorate for all major holidays. They offer a large selection of unique holiday gifts including a huge selection of Old World Christmas ornaments. Their head decorator appears often on a northeast PA TV station.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

We don't but I think there is one in Santa Fe, at least there used to be.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

We live about 20 minutes away from one and my daughter and I love that store. I get many of my seasonal decorations there for much less money than else where. Their inventory is constantly changing. I avoid going on weekends because it is so crowded.

Super Contributor

Hours of fun!

Right near a Hallmark Gold Crown and Barnes & Noble. Whoo-hoo!