Honored Contributor

The prosecution is appealing the verdict and sentencing. I have not heard whether or not this affects (delays) his incarceration.

I read this morning the victim's mother is writing a book to help her husband's and hers financial situation. She says her daughter was leaving Oscar. Also they never consummated their relationship. These seems odd to me as it was my understanding she'd planned a special Valentine's evening with him. Wasn't there an unopened present and card from her?

Super Contributor

Who discusses consummation or lack of it, with their parents? {#emotions_dlg.scared} Sounds like a mom who doesn't want to accept that her daughter is "active".

Apart from that, I have every sympathy with the victim's family and think Pistorius should be locked up.

Super Contributor

Whatever, he should of gotten life.

Honored Contributor

I think he killed her because she was planning on leaving him. Her friends had stated that she was planning to do it. Clover, my DD discusses things like that we me. It usually freaks me out, but at least she trusts and loves me enough to discuss her personal "stuff". LOL

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor
On 10/27/2014 Amaly said:

Whatever, he should of gotten life.

Yup. I'm not buying his story at all.

Honored Contributor

I cannot imagine the pain the Steenkamps suffered and continue to suffer.

This book is already being serialized and will be in bookstores next week.

I've read Reeva had very little contact with her mother other than sending her checks for living expenses.

The Steenkamps never met Oscar.

Trusted Contributor

Mrs. Steenkamp is puzzling. I've seen her interviewed and she has said she's forgiven the person who killed her daughter. I've read she wants to meet with him. After the sentencing her husband said they were satisfied with the sentence. Today I read they do not think it is nearly enough.

I've also read their attorney told Oscar's attorney they were broke and suggested Oscar make monthly payments to help cover their expenses. Recently I read they never cashed his checks. In another article I read they will return his money.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't understand why Reeva would even be seen with him. Maybe for publicity.

Honored Contributor

The prosecution should move on, their case for murder was not strong enough...

Respected Contributor
On 10/28/2014 SydneyH said:

The prosecution should move on, their case for murder was not strong enough...

Do you think the sentence was a just one?