Honored Contributor

......News media announcers from the major networks......

The news media channels are just not that interesting anymore......

What are your thoughts on this?

Honored Contributor

Re: ......News media announcers from the major networks......

Same events reported over and over and over. Anything discussed into infinity becomes boring.

Honored Contributor

Amen.......ITA.......gosh, how many times have we heard about the quarantine of those coming home from Africa, or how many times have we heard about the young man in Washington that did the shootings yesterday, etc. And, they all think they are right......

Respected Contributor

I think they're interesting when they're covering a topic I want to hear about. I agree with DWD that it gets boring when they go wall-to-wall with a story when no new info is coming in and there's really not that much to discuss.

Super Contributor

On 10/25/2014 deepwaterdotter said:

Same events reported over and over and over. Anything discussed into infinity becomes boring.

I so agree with your comment.
Respected Contributor

On 10/25/2014 ShowMe said:

Amen.......ITA.......gosh, how many times have we heard about the quarantine of those coming home from Africa, or how many times have we heard about the young man in Washington that did the shootings yesterday, etc. And, they all think they are right......

Do you think everyone watches the news at the exact same time you do? No, and by having a major story on multiple times, it reaches the greatest number of people. I guess I'm lucky I bought a TV that allows me to change the channel when there is something on I have no interest in watching.

Esteemed Contributor

The ""off"" button on my remote still works well.

Honored Contributor

On 10/25/2014 glb613 said:
On 10/25/2014 ShowMe said:

Do you think everyone watches the news at the exact same time you do? No, and by having a major story on multiple times, it reaches the greatest number of people. I guess I'm lucky I bought a TV that allows me to change the channel when there is something on I have no interest in watching.

No, I don't think that.......but 2 or 3 days of the same kinds of programs, it does get boring.......and yes, my TV allows me to change the channels too..... Do you think you have something special or different that we don't have????? LOL

Super Contributor

I only sit down to watch them when a major news event is happening. I think the last time that happened was.................................... Osama being killed?

Super Contributor

I find them more interesting than non-stop baseball games.