Super Contributor

Absolutely no class --- giggling and enjoying a video of a woman being assaulted.

Super Contributor

Are you referring to the tape of Bristol P's conversation with police? I saw that and thought Carol's reaction was bizarre. Time for Carol (and Wolf) to go.

OTOH, I really like Brooke Baldwin.

Honored Contributor
Bristol sure has a potty mouth on her. I didn't see Costello's bit on this as I don't normally care for her. Funny that the mysognistic Rush would run with this though.
Super Contributor

Bristol didn't come off as a lady, for sure. But Carol's giddy commentary was weird.

Honored Contributor
On 10/24/2014 LizAnne said:

Bristol didn't come off as a lady, for sure. But Carol's giddy commentary was weird.

I don't doubt you, LizAnne, but I question Rush making a big deal out of it.
Respected Contributor

Following widespread criticism, CNN anchor Carol Costello apologized in a written statement on Thursday for joking on-air about an alleged altercation involving Bristol Pa lin and a man at a party accused of pushing her younger sister.

“Over the past few days I have been roundly criticized for joking about a brawl involving the Pa lin family. In retrospect, I deserve such criticism and would like to apologize,” Costello said in a statement.

The incident between Pa lin, the daughter of 2008 GOP vice presidential candidate Sarah Pa lin, and the man at a party in Wasilla, Alaska, allegedly escalated to the point where authorities needed to be called.

In an audio recording, Bristol Pa lin can be heard cursing and crying -- a tape Costello played for viewers and called “quite possibly the best minute-and-a-half of audio we’ve ever come across – well, come across in a long time anyway.”

On the tape, Pa lin can be heard describing the incident where a man allegedly pushed her younger sister. “I get back up, he pushes me down on the grass again,” she said.

After playing a portion of the audio tape, Costello said her “favorite part” had been a long bleeped-out portion.

Her comments created a backlash, leading to her apology on Thursday.

While CNN received the lion’s share of criticism for the way they reported the incident, MSNBC hosts Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski admitted to making light of the audio, TownHall.com reported.

According to the police report, no arrests have been made in the Sept. 6 brawl. The municipal attorney’s office also reviewed the investigation and declined to pursue charges.

While Sarah Pa lin, who is a Fox News contributor, attended the party, the police report contained no mention of her being involved in the altercation.

Super Contributor
On 10/24/2014 tansy said:
On 10/24/2014 LizAnne said:

I don't doubt you, LizAnne, but I question Rush making a big deal out of it.

I wasn't aware of Rush's involvement. I make it a point not to listen to him.

Respected Contributor
That was very unprofessional, shame on her. She supposedly apologized (was probably forced to), but she issued a statement and didn't have enough class to apologize on air. Meanwhile our VP's son was kicked out of the military for cocaine use and it was barely mentioned, and definitely without giggles and glee.
"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor
On 10/24/2014 Topaz Gem said: That was very unprofessional, shame on her. She supposedly apologized (was probably forced to), but she issued a statement and didn't have enough class to apologize on air. Meanwhile our VP's son was kicked out of the military for cocaine use and it was barely mentioned, and definitely without giggles and glee.

If it was barely mentioned...how did you find out about it?

I saw it on MSNBC....several times in the same day.

Honored Contributor
On 10/24/2014 Topaz Gem said: That was very unprofessional, shame on her. She supposedly apologized (was probably forced to), but she issued a statement and didn't have enough class to apologize on air. Meanwhile our VP's son was kicked out of the military for cocaine use and it was barely mentioned, and definitely without giggles and glee.
How old is Hunter Biden? Well into his 30s and his problems have nothing to do with his dad or affect any of us. Pfffftttt!