Super Contributor

Joint NY/NJ Ebola News Conference - New Protocol

I just listened to a news conference with NY Gov Cuomo and NJ Gov Christie. They have decided to supersede the CDC's and government's guidelines regarding returning healthcare workers.

These "high-risk" healthcare workers will now have an obligatory 21-day quarantine. In addition, the questionnaire at the airport will be more than a check-the-box type questionnaire. An in-depth interview will be to ascertain who is at high risk.

The Governors said they will still be working with the CDC but said they cannot put their citizenry at risk any longer.

This is good news. Thank you Governors!

P.S. Governor Christie made direct reference to "the NBC news team" (Snyderman et al) and you could see he was not pleased.

Honored Contributor

Re: Joint NY/NJ Ebola News Conference - New Protocol

That sounds like very good news. I wish other states would follow. Hopefully they will.

Respected Contributor

thank you Governors Cuomo and Christie for showing real leadership and doing the common sense thing. it's about time

Super Contributor

Are they saying all healthcare workers from these countries will be quarantined, or only the ones they deem "high risk"?

ETA: Re-read and see it. They'll decide who is quarantined based on the interview.

Super Contributor

Excellent. I'm glad someone finally decided to step up to the plate. I hope many more states follow NY and NJ's lead.

Super Contributor

On 10/24/2014 GrettaGarbled said:

Are they saying all healthcare workers from these countries will be quarantined, or only the ones they deem "high risk"?

No, not each and every healthcare worker. Only high risk workers I'm sure based upon their level of contact, duration, etc.

Honored Contributor

Leave it to Chris to find a way to get a slam in at the press!

Respected Contributor

Good to hear. Thanks for the info.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

Once again two of the best governors putting their states wellbeing first. TY
Honored Contributor

Well, I'm glad they're taking the bull by the horns and doing something. Good for New York.