Super Contributor

Woman helping Cdn soldier shares what she told Cpl Cirillo

Barbara Winters ran towards the shots and spoke with Nathan as he was being worked on. She talks about the life changing experience in this radio interview. If you click listen under her photo you can hear the 6 minute interview. Warning though, there is a photo of her speaking to the soldier.

"I told him you are loved. You are brave. You are good."

Such a tragic tragic loss. There is a photo on the FB page set up to honour him showing his dogs looking through the fence, as if waiting for him to return.

http://www.cbc.ca/asithappens/episode/2014/10/23/woman-recalls-efforts-to-save-downed-soldier-at-wa...

Super Contributor

Re: Woman helping Cdn soldier shares what she told Cpl Cirillo

Thank you so much Canada 61 for sharing this moving story. What a wonderful person this woman is. Wouldn't it be nice if people would really be moved and not be so hateful in their actions and words? Too much bashing on these forums in my opinion. Canada61 and all those who are grieving for this fallen hero: you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Honored Contributor

Re: Woman helping Cdn soldier shares what she told Cpl Cirillo

Thank you for posting this. This woman is one of a kind. She makes all of us think about what WE would do. This should give his family some comfort - knowing one of the last people to be with him was so comforting and loving.