Trusted Contributor
I don't know if any of the posters to this thread remember her or not. I posted of her death on the electronics board. She was one of the most active posters during the "shop talk" days
Honored Contributor

Re: Bobbye Blackburn Nanny Bear

I remember posting with her in the past, RIP.

Respected Contributor

I remember her posting that she was a small child living in Hawaii when Pearl Harbor was bombed, precipitating US involvement in World War II.

She was a very active poster back in the day. May she rest in peace.

Honored Contributor

Hi Burnsite, I didn't know that about Nanny Bear. Doesn't there seem to be fewer of us 'long-time' posters? The natural passing of time I guess.

Respected Contributor

Hi, deep, I didn't post with her too often, but I heard from someone who met her in person about 10 yrs ago that her health was very poor.

So I was actually happy to hear that she had had so many years more than she expected to have, to enjoy her children and grandchildren.

Valued Contributor

Thank you, yock, for posting this about Bobbye. Yes, I remember her very well from the "shop talk" days. I found her to be a helpful person, particularly in the computer area.

I never met her in person; however, we spoke a few times by phone. That was back in the early 2000's and her health was not well then either.

Sorry to hear of her passing. May she RIP.

Honored Contributor

This is so odd because just the other day, I was thinking about her and wondering what ever happened with her. I didn't want to start a thread because we all know how those end up.

RIP Nannybear.

Respected Contributor

I'm an original Shop Talker and I remember Nanny Bear very well. I am so sorry to hear of her passing. Rest in peace Nanny Bear; you brought a lot of joy to this board and your memory will live on...

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Respected Contributor

Thank you for posting this, yock.

Bobbye/Nanny Bear was very helpful to me and a lot of others on the Electronics forum with her knowledge of computers years ago.

I'm sorry to read about her passing.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Regular Contributor

She died quite a while ago, didn't she??