Esteemed Contributor

So excited-my first item I listed on EBAY has a offer

I know a lot of you sell on EBAY But I have been reluctant to try because it seemed so difficult and complex to create a listing. I could never figure out how to incorporate photos into a listing. There is now a mobile app for EBAY on the Apple Store so I downloaded it. A neighbor of mine sells regularly on EBAY so she came over and sat with me while I created my listing and helped me with some of the shipping, refund and selling details. I took photos with my IPAD and just put them in my listing. Easy Peasy! I had a offer within 3 hours of the listing going live. Now I am starting to look around to see what else I can sell! Who knows? My DH might come home some day and find everything in the house has been sold on EBAY.
Super Contributor

Re: So excited-my first item I listed on EBAY has a offer

Congratulations!

It always seemed like a lot of rigamarole and headache to be a seller on ebay.

Must be exciting to have someone interested in what you have to sell. Hope you have a good experience!

Money doesn't talk; it swears. --Bob Dylan
Honored Contributor

I've been toying with the idea of selling a few things on EBay. I will look into the mobile app.

Congratulations for conquering EBay!

Esteemed Contributor

The new mobile App from Apple makes it really easy. It has all the different areas you need to complete separated by category and you just work your way down the itemized list and fill in the different sections. Believe me if I can do it anyone can.
Honored Contributor

You can probably just take a picture with an iPhone and upload it to EBay then.

Esteemed Contributor

I have sold on Ebay & it seems it's always a hassle.

Honored Contributor

Good for you Kathypet! I've never sold on EBay, but I've been selling quite a bit lately on some of the Facebook online yard sale pages that are local.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Awesome...my DD does it all the time and gets excited each time an item sells.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Esteemed Contributor

Have you read about the many scammers on eBay and adjusted your settings accordingly? I also heard that paypal changed their policy, favoring scammers; in that they now give a person 6 months to file a dispute after a sale.

You can go to the discussion boards and read the archived Sellers' Central board, if you haven't already. I would advise it because there a lot of scam artists on eBay now, much more than before.

Trusted Contributor

Good luck Kathypet! Let us know how it goes. I mean to sell a few things myself and have also been intimidated. I buy on Ebay often, just haven't sold anything. Part of that is the technology part, I am really lame with pictures and uploading and what have you. I know my husband and daughter can help, so no excuses really.