Super Contributor

should be at the entrance of every public place in America!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

thank-you

Valued Contributor
That is a good one.....and it's true.
Respected Contributor

Super Contributor

Sorry but a child's behavior on any given day has little to do with how much they are loved.

Children are known to act up, that's why they are children and need supervision which I do agree with. That shows how much I love them, if I give a darn!

Trusted Contributor

I'm all for teaching manners, but I tend to agree with JuJu Squeezie-children behaving badly have little to do with how much they are loved or with the skills of the parents. How that bad behavior is handled is the important part.

Something to consider is that some children may not be neuro-typical or may have behavioral development issues, social anxiety, etc. that make them appear to be acting out. They may "look" completely normal, and a meltdown does not mean they are brats. They are dealing with things that the outsider may not see or understand. One can't really judge a book by it's cover. Compassion and kindness are always in order, and I think that's the most important behavior one can display.

Respected Contributor

So no one who's loved their kids have ever had them misbehave? I find that impossible to believe. Kids are kids and some will act out on occasion regardless of how much they're loved. It happens.

Super Contributor
On 10/22/2014 Sushismom said:

So no one who's loved their kids have ever had them misbehave? I find that impossible to believe. Kids are kids and some will act out on occasion regardless of how much they're loved. It happens.

When that happens I take them out. How else will they learn their behavior is unacceptable in public?

Esteemed Contributor

I think folks realize this. It's meant to let folks know that they ARE responsible for their children and to act as responsible parents/guardians to see they are not menaces.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor
On 10/22/2014 Jig Saw said:

When that happens I take them out. How else will they learn their behavior is unacceptable in public?

My comment wasn't about what to do when kids misbehave. It's about the fact that the sign says their manners reflect your love for them. Not true at all.

Honored Contributor

Some people think spanking equates to love too Smiley Sad