Respected Contributor

Interesting home remedy for motion sickness

I never heard of this before, but as someone who suffers from motion sickness I may give it a try. It was a reader of "Annie's Mailbox" who submitted the method.

He said he heard of putting an aspirin in your belly button and putting a piece of tape over it. He said he tried it and it worked. He said he found you don't even have to use the aspirin, just the tape. "Annie" said an internet search turned up a great many people who do swear by this method.

What the heck it can't hurt so I may try it the next time I have a need!

Valued Contributor

Re: Interesting home remedy for motion sickness

I used to have motion sickness as a kid. if I go on a ship, I get it---ugh. maybe I'll try this next time---if it works, good!!
Valued Contributor

Hi scottie..

This certainly is the most different method I've ever heard of to stop motion sickness. I wonder what the theory is behind it. Like you said, it can't hurt.

Respected Contributor

On 10/21/2014 sylviahomeatlast said: I used to have motion sickness as a kid. if I go on a ship, I get it---ugh. maybe I'll try this next time---if it works, good!!

I hope it works for you sylvia. The writer said that he had previously tried the various remedies including patches. Nothing helped him before this.

Super Contributor

Oh heck, if you want to get silly, you can put a band aid over one behind your ear as well.

Respected Contributor

On 10/21/2014 Remee said:

Oh heck, if you want to get silly, you can put a band aid over one behind your ear as well.

Looks like somebody got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Anything nice to say today?

Respected Contributor

On 10/21/2014 MomOf4 said:

Hi scottie..

This certainly is the most different method I've ever heard of to stop motion sickness. I wonder what the theory is behind it. Like you said, it can't hurt.

Yeah. I have no idea and of course I'm as skeptical as anyone else. But I figure what the heck give it a shot!

Respected Contributor

Our minds work in mysterious ways, so if something seems to work for you, I say go for it!

Honored Contributor

What...how would this work? Boy do I suffer with motion sickness on planes and boats.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

I wouldn't want to be in an accident and show up in the ER with an aspirin taped onto my belly button.