Super Contributor

I'm talking about chain places; Perkins, Dennys, IHOP, etc What's your favorite? I like Perkins for breakfast.

Valued Contributor
hotel coffee is really good
Honored Contributor

I prefer morning coffee at home. Always consistently delicious. DH and I both like cinnamon coffee with our morning bagel. When i was working the hospital had a ""coffee cart"" in the lobby and I would get to work early enough to get a coffee and a muffin every day - they were delicious but I am still carrying those muffins on my hips.

Honored Contributor

Denny's has two coffee choices now, regular or bold. I really like the bold, DH did, too.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

I keep hearing about Tim Hortons but I've never tasted it. I guess in Canada they stand in long lines to get in.

Honored Contributor

It's not a restaurant, but my favorite coffee out comes from 7-11 or Dunkin' Donuts.

And there's always great coffee at almost any diner on Long Island.

Super Contributor

I like having my morning coffee at home, but if I have an early errand to run, there are two places I usually stop. One is Peets Coffee for a white chocolate mocha. The other believe it or not, is McDonald's. I really like their hot, black coffee and usually order a sausage on biscuit with it.

Super Contributor

There is a little Mexican restaurant close to my home, and they have the best coffee ever. It is already brewed in a liquid form, comes to them in a box, and is great. The brand is Douwe Egberts. I checked and I can buy it online, but I don't know how a container would keep for just one person. The restaurant has been really good to share their "secret" to me--even letting me look at the machine they put it in to warm it up. Yum, may have to go tomorrow.

Other good place--McDonalds. Wish they would quit with the Equal, though.

Super Contributor
On 10/19/2014 ivey said:

There is a little Mexican restaurant close to my home, and they have the best coffee ever. It is already brewed in a liquid form, comes to them in a box, and is great. The brand is Douwe Egberts. I checked and I can buy it online, but I don't know how a container would keep for just one person. The restaurant has been really good to share their "secret" to me--even letting me look at the machine they put it in to warm it up. Yum, may have to go tomorrow.

Other good place--McDonalds. Wish they would quit with the Equal, though.

I was born in the Netherlands and Douwe Egberts is a Dutch brand coffee. I remember my parents drinking it when I was little. I've been considering ordering it online myself.

Honored Contributor

The best coffee around, in my opinion, is the coffee I get free at my 2nd home. This just happens to be a hospital where I think they will soon put my name on 1 wing of the 6th floor. My wife has bought me the $4 and $5 cups of coffee, but give my my Folgers Instant or my 2nd home coffee any time over these budget busting things I mention above.

hckynut(john)