Super Contributor

Re: Why Jay Leno never had Joan Rivers on the Tonight Show

Must this go on ????

Respected Contributor

You're welcome to walk on by.

Super Contributor

He's a jerk just like Carson. So glad Joan made her own way and had a great career.

Honored Contributor

Leno is not well liked by his fellow late night hosts.

Honored Contributor

On 10/18/2014 tansy said:

Leno is not well liked by his fellow late night hosts.

I don't like him, either. One reason is that he fawned over people.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

I like Leno, will take a look at his new car show even tough I'm not at all a car buff - and I understood totally why he decided to honor Carson by shunning Joan.

By the by, I generally liked Joan, but all the fawning over her on the boards since her death is just that by some - fawning. I'm not about to dig to find it, but there were threads some time before she died that complained viciously about her mouth, complained viciously about her humor against another celebrity, etc.

People who dish it out a la Joan know when they do it that there can be prices to pay. She was always willing to pay for her own battles - that was one of the things I admired about her, but all this talk to tell me she was a perfect human being, a perfect host, a perfect vendor. Sorry, but death doesn't do that for celebrities any more than it does for husbands - and I certainly know plenty of women who cursed them while they were alive and made them into saints after. Joan was never a saint - hard-working, brilliant, interesting in many aspect of her life though.

Honored Contributor

I saw an interview with Joan...very good one by the way. On the video Joan said the difference between Johnny and Jay was:

Johnny never laughed harder then when YOU were funny. She said he loved it.

Jay Leno: He had to be the funny one...not YOU.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

On 10/18/2014 BonnieBelle said:

He's a jerk just like Carson. So glad Joan made her own way and had a great career.

and that Jimmy Fallon was kind enough to have her on when he replaced Leno. I am happy it happened because she died shortly there after. It has been sweet to see Jimmy cry when he mentions it and how grateful she was and how she cried at being asked back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

On 10/18/2014 croemer said:
On 10/18/2014 BonnieBelle said:

and that Jimmy Fallon was kind enough to have her on when he replaced Leno. I am happy it happened because she died shortly there after. It has been sweet to see Jimmy cry when he mentions it and how grateful she was and how she cried and being asked back.

Hi croemer, I didn't know that! Thanks for telling the story, ITA, it's really touching.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices