Esteemed Contributor

A friend of mine went to dinner with his daughter and son-in-law. He ordered turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, and the dressing. She tells the server that her dad is old because he orders old people food. My friend was slightly hurt at the remark. She orders the trendy vegetarian plate and behaves smugly. She then went on to say that food like that will be off menus and off of family tables as people don't do that sort of old school, old fashioned eating today.

I don't think having a traditional meal makes you old or old school. I like my traditional meals - (reduced in fat and some calories though). What do you think.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

Re: Having a Traditional Meal

rude!
Esteemed Contributor

On 10/15/2014 homedecor1 said: rude!

I thought so too. I didn't say it to them as they were hurting already.

Honored Contributor

I think she's a snotty wannabe.

And! I don't care what you think, you don't treat a parent that way, especially in public. Too bad he didn't tell her to mind her manners.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

I hope he didn't pay for the meals:/
Esteemed Contributor

On 10/15/2014 bluegrassbaby said:

Our Thanksgivings meals are often eaten at Cracker Barrel...we always get the turkey dinner, I have no problem with it being "old fashioned"...and the wait to be seated is usually half an hour to an hour.

I will someday make it over to a Cracker Barrel.

My friend ordered the meal at a non-seasonal time. It wouldn't matter to me one way or another. I think she is just a mean spirited gal and he let's her get away with it.

Honored Contributor

What a little B.

The old guy should have dumped his mashed potatoes squarely on her snotty little head.

Honored Contributor

Spoiled brat that will someday miss her father and his old fashioned food.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

On 10/15/2014 Love Roses said:
On 10/15/2014 bluegrassbaby said:

Our Thanksgivings meals are often eaten at Cracker Barrel...we always get the turkey dinner, I have no problem with it being "old fashioned"...and the wait to be seated is usually half an hour to an hour.

I will someday make it over to a Cracker Barrel.

My friend ordered the meal at a non-seasonal time. It wouldn't matter to me one way or another. I think she is just a mean spirited gal and he let's her get away with it.

ITA, he should have set her straight a long time ago. Nonetheless, she's an adult and responsible for her unacceptable behavior.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

Very Sad!