Honored Contributor

Bringing that Doctor and Nurse Here, Big Mistake

Because those who should know better brought the infected doctor and nurse to our country, treated them, and they survived others who are concerned they've been exposed and infected will come here in droves. It's already happened with the man in Texas who lied about his exposure and now has infected our citizens.

How many will die because of a doctor and nurse who chose to put themselves in harm's way, were lax in protecting themselves, and then brought their disease to our country? Will their lives be worth it?

Honored Contributor

Re: Bringing that Doctor and Nurse Here, Big Mistake

This should go well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Respected Contributor

On 10/14/2014 croemer said:

This should go well.

Super Contributor

I'll have another beer please.

Honored Contributor

On 10/14/2014 Qwackertoo said:

I'll have another beer please.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Valued Contributor

On 10/14/2014 croemer said:

This should go well.

Indeed!!

Super Contributor

Is it happy hour yet?

Honored Contributor

Well, I guess they don't like the popcorn eating deer anymore. Darn, he goes good with beer.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

I think it was the BEST thing that could have happened, in terms of eradicating this disease.

As long as it was in West Africa, people in the USA barely cared (kind of like AIDS years ago).

Now that it has reached the USA and Western Europe, research and treatment protocols will be on the fast track.

We are all interconnected. The poor hygiene and poor medical care in Africa affects us all...especially commerce - and we know how important that is to multi-national companies.

A few weekends ago, a Central Park concert was held on MSNBC from 3PM to after 11PM. Countries and individuals were donating to stop open defecation in Africa and India - a major cause of disease. I commented on the concert...no one seemed to have watched or cared.

Maybe now that poor hygiene and medicine in Africa has affected a TX nurse, not just missionaries, we will fast track a cure.

Honored Contributor

Is there something wrong with the reasoning?

Seems obvious to me that anyone who believed they may have a deadly illness would do anything to get to the one place where they have the best chance of surviving. Not only were they cured but it was broadcast internationally, may as well run commercials and take out ads.