Esteemed Contributor

For you Wegman's fans-Met Danny Wegman today

I was in the Ashburn, Va store and could see something was going on because the store was crawling with "suits". Well, not really suits because Wegman's is business casual but lots of guys with long sleeved dress shirts, Kahki pants and name tags. Went to the cookie counter checking to see if they had DH's favorites and I could see them in the case but couldn't get to them because this group of 4 suits were standing directly in the way. one of the men saw me standing there and asked if they were in my way and I said I had to get DH's favorite cookies or he would divorce me! He laughed and when I looked I recognized Danny Wegman's from photos. I asked if he was Danny Wegman and he said Yes and we introduced ourselves. Told him how much I loved his stores and that while I lived over a hour drive away from the closest one I,usually drove in every two weeks to shop at one. he thanked me so much for making such a effort to shop there and hoped I would continue to be a customer for many years to,come.
Honored Contributor

Re: For you Wegman's fans-Met Danny Wegman today

Very cool, KathyPet! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} We have a fairly new Wegmans here now, maybe a year old. We love it.

It has totally ruined Giant or Safeway for me, always a letdown. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Super Contributor

How neat. I don't live any where their stores, but that must have been such fun. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

I sold advertising to the Wegman family for over 15 years. They are actually very nice, down to earth people.

His dad was so beloved in Rochester that his funeral was broadcast on cable TV and was made available on demand - so everyone could see it and honor that great man. I worked for the cable company there back then.

Danny goes to every store at least once a year...when he is there - it's like a rock star is in the building! I'm sure that's what you experienced.

Esteemed Contributor

I miss Wegmans so much. I wish we would get one here in Raleigh. There are a ton of transplants down here that would love to see it come down here.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

No store comes close to Wegman's in the quality of the items they carry or in the staff they hire. When you can't find something in Wegman's and you ask someone where it is they don't just tell you where to find it they actually walk you there!
Esteemed Contributor

On 10/10/2014 KathyPet said: No store comes close to Wegman's in the quality of the items they carry or in the staff they hire. When you can't find something in Wegman's and you ask someone where it is they don't just tell you where to find it they actually walk you there!

Wegman's is nice but I shop at Giant Food where I live. There's a Wegman's a stone's throw away from me from that store I shop in. Giant is just as good at the quality of items as Wegman's. I won't shop at Wegman's because their prices are higher then at Giant and you can't at this particular store get a small package of meat. At Wegman's you have to buy bulk packages. I also get the same treatment at my grocery store if I can't find anything.

Honored Contributor

On 10/10/2014 BlingQueen022 said:
On 10/10/2014 KathyPet said: No store comes close to Wegman's in the quality of the items they carry or in the staff they hire. When you can't find something in Wegman's and you ask someone where it is they don't just tell you where to find it they actually walk you there!

Wegman's is nice but I shop at Giant Food where I live. There's a Wegman's a stone's throw away from me from that store I shop in. Giant is just as good at the quality of items as Wegman's. I won't shop at Wegman's because their prices are higher then at Giant and you can't at this particular store get a small package of meat. At Wegman's you have to buy bulk packages. I also get the same treatment at my grocery store if I can't find anything.

Wegmans have butcher departments where you can get any amount of meat you want. They do have large family pack values, but you can get any size or quantity.

Honored Contributor

I asked them to carry pumpkin spice waffles a few years ago, since they already carried Eggos in other flavors. The frozen food manager said he had a lot of requests. Two weeks later, they were in the freezers!

Esteemed Contributor

I heard Charlie the Butcher is now at some Wegmans. Boy do I miss that place.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK