Esteemed Contributor

Going to Guatemala to help people

My daughter is going there with another friend (massage therapist) and will be giving massages there and helping with building etc. what is needed to do - this will be in Feb. and she's so looking forward to it, in fact she'll be there for her birthday! Do you know of anyone who has gone there? Our priest goes every year and brings about 25 parishioners along to help there.

Respected Contributor

Re: Going to Guatemala to help people

With all that's going on today, good luck!

Respected Contributor

Yes.

Respected Contributor

Yes, my granddaughter spent one year there with NPH. This is an organization that cares for orphaned and abandoned children. This was a life changing experience for her.

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Respected Contributor

Gloriajean, May god bless and watch over your daughter and her friend. Know that you are proud of her doing this but your also worried, like any Mom would be.

Respected Contributor

No, I don't know anyone who has gone there but I do know some who have gone to Haiti on medical missions.

God Bless her, gloriajean. She sounds amazing.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for your responses! I know of a friend who was a dental assistant and she and the dentist went there and did teeth for them, she really was glad she went! My daughter's friend is older, she's married, and they've been close friends for years exchanging massages weekly - they have their tickets already which were not much money! Scares me a bit, but need to trust in God that everything will work out well and I'm sure she'll have a life changing experience too. Scottie, she is amazing! Thanks.

Respected Contributor

My cousin's daughter is in Africa building schools...........I know a group of doctors go to Guatemala ever year to bring medical aide to the people there.............................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Esteemed Contributor

That sure is a worthwhile thing to do, raven!

Honored Contributor

My mom and sister did mission work, not in Guatemala but in Haiti...mom was a an RN and I cannot remember exactly what my sister did....I'd love to do something like that. Praying for a safe trip....