Super Contributor

Why does Judge Judy yell and be rude?

I like her but she is loud and rude..........I don't think she ever smiles in court. Do you think most of these laws are effective in most states that are on her show?

Valued Contributor

Re: Why does Judge Judy yell and be rude?

I saw her during an interview a year or so ago and she admitted a lot of her show persona is at the behest of the producers, to keep it interesting and exciting.

From my understanding on all of the court shows the rulings are based on the laws of the state in which the original suit was filed.

Honored Contributor

$$$$

Honored Contributor

You are a judge ... you need to be rude to get the point across! She is on tv, so she has to be more "expressive". For ratings.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Super Contributor

Simple answer... She makes good TV.

Honored Contributor

I truly enjoy watching Judge Judy. 'Somewhere along the line', I saw a young Judge Judy. She was (and still is) a very beautiful woman. In those earlier days as a non-TV judge, she was rather aggressive, too. She 'tells it as it is', so to speak. Although I would be very uncomfortable as a litigant in her courtroom. I'd be speechless. {#emotions_dlg.blink}

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

Because if she was calm and soothing the viewers would not tune in.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

I think her audience likes seeing "bad" people being told off. A lot of them sure deserve it, thinking they can put one over on Judy!

Honored Contributor

That woman drives me c a r a z y. I can't watch her.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

On 10/7/2014 Margo Channing said:

Well, I you had to deal with the scammers, dirtbags and all around misfits that populate her show who try to get something for nothing you might lose your patience, too. Rampant abuse of the domestic violence system, federal disability system, illegal aliens, foodstamps....really. Sometimes I admire her restraint.

She can spot those people abusing the system the minute they walk through the door. She asks the perfect questions to get down to the bottom of the situations quickly. She has a lot of experience dealing with people who constantly rely on hard working tax payers to fund their lifestyles and she has no sympathy or patience for that at all.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK