Honored Contributor

Michigan Officer Pulls Over Mom, Takes Her To Walmart

Here's a really nice story for the day. A public safety officer in Michigan, stops a woman driver because he sees her daughter isn't in a car seat. She knows the little girl should have a car seat but they've had serious financial trouble lately.

Instead of a ticket, he takes her to Walmart and buys a car seat for the child. Full story on link:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/michigan-officer-mother-car-seat-daughter-ticket-article-1...

Public Safety Officer Ben Hall bought struggling mom Lexi DeLorenzo a car seat for her daughter instead of giving her a ticket.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Super Contributor

Re: Michigan Officer Pulls Over Mom, Takes Her To Walmart

I saw this. He said it was the easiest fifty bucks he's ever spent. We need more like him.

Super Contributor

I saw that story on the news. What a kind and amazing person he is!

Honored Contributor

On 10/7/2014 GrettaGarbled said:

I saw this. He said it was the easiest fifty bucks he's ever spent. We need more like him.

What a nice guy

Super Contributor

He's a good guy!

Super Contributor

I hear of many many organizations offering car seats for free to those that need them...this Mother could have looked into it BEFORE putting her child at risk and driving illegally. She is not a great Mother in my book.
Honored Contributor

On 10/7/2014 gazelle77 said: I hear of many many organizations offering car seats for free to those that need them...this Mother could have looked into it BEFORE putting her child at risk and driving illegally. She is not a great Mother in my book.

We don't know what happened to her or why she was unable to pull money out of a hat, but we can feel happy about the officer who was so compassionate.

Sometimes it's just nice to let that wash over you instead of looking for the dark side of a story.

Super Contributor

I still believe that most people have good hearts; looking for the negative in an otherwise lovely story bothers me. But not for long.

Super Contributor

On 10/7/2014 NoelSeven said:
On 10/7/2014 gazelle77 said: I hear of many many organizations offering car seats for free to those that need them...this Mother could have looked into it BEFORE putting her child at risk and driving illegally. She is not a great Mother in my book.

We don't know what happened to her or why she was unable to pull money out of a hat, but we can feel happy about the officer who was so compassionate.

Sometimes it's just nice to let that wash over you instead of looking for the dark side of a story.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I'd rather not analyze or criticize the mom's life, it's so much better to feel good about the police officer's kindness.

Respected Contributor

On 10/7/2014 Cakers1 said:

I still believe that most people have good hearts; looking for the negative in an otherwise lovely story bothers me. But not for long.