Super Contributor

Slobs! Put out my outdoor things today (only because my neighbor started!) and I see late-age teenagers looking at my decorations. Coming back and forth, etc. Came all the way up my sidewalk to the porch! Good thing I was looking. Anyone have a problem with things like this? - Makes me upset.

Honored Contributor

Re: stealing Halloween decor

All the time. I gave up. Makes me angry.

Super Contributor

Years ago my daughter loved to decorate for Halloween her favorite holiday. She made tombstones and had ghosts hanging from the trees. She did a great job. A few days later, most of the tombstones and some of the hanging ghosts were gone.

Super Contributor

I've never had any of my Halloween decorations stolen, but I've had several pumpkins swiped off my front porch and smashed on my driveway. {#emotions_dlg.mad} I've also learned to park my car in the garage on Halloween night so it doesn't get egged again. Egg and car paint aren't a good combination. {#emotions_dlg.mad}

Honored Contributor

I haven't heard of it happening around here but I don't put things out anymore because I hear of it happening in other places in the Bay Area.

We know of a guy who bought a large place in a run down area of town. He's fixed it up to be an incredible place inside but hasn't done a thing on the outside. His place looks just as run down as others around him. I think that's a pretty good trick.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

Anyone coming on my property close to anything of value, will be looking down the ------ of something on which they are on the wrong end. I doubt it would take much more, especially for teens looking for some kicks.

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

Why do you think they were going to steal anything? Perhaps they were just getting a closer look. My mom lives across the street from the high school and gets complements from the kids walking by for her decorations. Nothing has ever come up missing.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

In another house we lived in we got egged on Halloween because we were out of town therefore not handing out candy. Sorry this happened to you.

Honored Contributor

It can happen anywhere in any neighborhood, but we don't have that problem out here in the country in the area we live in. I hope it stays that way. And like John, they wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of our "security system".

Respected Contributor

One year the jack o'lantern on my front porch froze. Local moose ate it. Never found the candle even after the Spring thaw.