Frequent Contributor

Jodi Arias Retrial - Jury Selection Begins

Any of you ladies/lads going to be following as the retrial begins? Not sure how much info will be forthcoming during the trial. I read that the judge is allowing TV cameras, but none of the coverage can be broadcast until after the verdict. I wonder if reporters will be allowed to take notes and provide a daily summary.

Anyway, just wondered if any of you are interested. Smile

Honored Contributor

Re: Jodi Arias Retrial - Jury Selection Begins

I'll be reading it ... wherever it's posted. Should be comical and annoying.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Super Contributor

I caught a bit of coverage on HLN earlier.

“There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.” Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

On 9/29/2014 Preds said:

We must like the same thing.

Respected Contributor

I watch the media tweets from the courthouse. So far they excused a ton of jurors from the 300 they brought in today-- and they have not even gotten to the nitty gritty voir dire questions.

These jurors were dismissed for hardship, not speaking english, know too much about the trial and cannot be impartial.

No jury selection tomorrow, new batch on Wednesday.

(the jurors that made it thru round one preliminary questions are coming back next week for round 2)

Valued Contributor

On 9/29/2014 Preds said:

Nailed it!!

Respected Contributor

I wish they would let it be televised. After it's all over, what is the point?

Super Contributor

Jury Selection !!

After watching ""The Runaway Jury"" .... these jurors are hand-picked to render the desired verdict. Who in this part of the western hemisphere did not form an opinion from the first trial? The taxpayers of Arizona have lost millions $$$ on a trial that should have been ""decided"" in 2013 !

Respected Contributor

Watching Jane Valez Mitchell to see if there is any court watchers on her show, looks like she is going for the helmet hair look like Nancy!! I dont like it, I like her curls better, havent seen her for awhile. Smile

o/t remember Morgan Harrington, the girl (a Virginia Tech student) somehow got outside of the concert she went to with her friends in 2009 and the doormen/security wouldnt let her back in the concert? Last she was seen walking across a small bridge towards town. They have some kind of evidence that connects her body to this guy Jesse Matthew suspect in Hannah Graham's disappearance. Must be DNA of some sort. {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Frequent Contributor

Thanks for all the updates!

I read that the defense team interviewed the foreman from the last jury, and he said that Jodi is her own worst enemy and should not take the stand. Time will tell.