Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

" One topic that received a lot of response was how QVC plans to manage “long standing threads”. After reading the logical reasoning from a variety of Community members, we agree that these threads should be left alone and remain where they currently are located with no immediate or future need to close these discussions."

Good, glad to read this.

Respected Contributor

I was very happy to read that also, kdgn.

Respected Contributor

Woo hoo! Pancake lives!

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Respected Contributor

I guess they do listen to reason, Scottie.

Respected Contributor
On 9/29/2014 kdgn said:

I guess they do listen to reason, Scottie.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor

I am also happy to read that they are cracking down on the host bashing. I guess it mostly goes on on some of the other boards that I don't follow much. It's one thing to suggest one of them use a little different variety of words now and then but entirely another to rip the host to shreds.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I agree re: host bashing. I can't imagine myself standing there, talking for two, three, sometimes four hours, keeping my descriptions interesting, etc. Not an easy job. Don't forget that 'movie stars' and TV series programs' actors are able to stop, re-do their lines/scenes, etc. Our hosts here are doing quite well, being on air live. Not very easy, IMO.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I can see about long standing threads but what about other threads that are full of logical reasoning by community members, no fussing, bashing or whatever.. I mean when there are shout out threads they can't be poofed enough, argumentative threads with hurtful things to certain posters seem to go on forever too... oh well guess it's ok to bash certain posters but not QVC hosts- that makes no sense to me..

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

Not ok to bash anyone, Peachy. That's for sure. Seems as though folks like 'bantering', something similar to a few debate classes I've taken (a hundred years ago), but never really used, more or less. (And now I'm recalling that one prof. told our class that we were "too wishy-washy", to be more animated, more aggressive, etc. LOL.......) . . . . . When it's somewhat directed toward me, I get a laugh out of it. (That's just me.) But with others, it is/could be very hurtful, and some/many folks perhaps tend to dwell on the hurtful comments, which might ruin their day, week, etc.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).