Respected Contributor

Oct 4 is both world animal day and St Francis feast day. If you have a blessing of the animals in your area I hope you can go( of course only if you want to ) . I haven't been for a while but it is very nice all the animals are very well behaved I guess they don't know what's going on. When I went before they had a priest who was allergic to animals and he said to me you were already in line before and I said this is a different cat. Ours is oct 3rd.

Respected Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.laugh} "this is a different cat". That made me smile!

We don't have one in our area, I don't think. I wouldn't be able to take Milo. He's too much of a scamp. Milo is a schnoodle and loves to make a scene.

Respected Contributor

Ours was yesterday---I wasn't able to attend and take my dog. I had taken him in the past. Lovely event--and so meaningful to those of us who love our furry kids.

Respected Contributor
On 9/29/2014 scotttie said:

{#emotions_dlg.laugh} "this is a different cat". That made me smile!

We don't have one in our area, I don't think. I wouldn't be able to take Milo. He's too much of a scamp. Milo is a schnoodle and loves to make a scene.

To me it was sort of funny because I didn't know that priest and one cat was all black and the other one was siamese. I've been when they have a lot of dogs on leashes and none of them barked maybe they are too busy taking note of all the different scents.

Esteemed Contributor

I have never attended but it is an event with many here. I feel I am blessed with my animals and it is I who get blessed by having them as members of my 'family'.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

I'll be attending on Saturday. This will be the first time my girl attends. She has a St. Francis medal on her collar.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Super Contributor

Our daughter always brings her horse to the blessing of the pets.

Honored Contributor

San Francisco is famous for the blessing of the animals.

SF is named for St. Francis of Assisi, Patron Saint of Animals. It's a very important day here Smile

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

I went to one while on vacation in England. It was wonderful.

Honored Contributor

In SF:

Toby, a retired greyhound from racing was at the annual animal blessing with her handler Jenny Creson at The St. Francis Church at Vallejo and Columbus in San Francisco, Calif., on June 13, 2009. Photo: Frederic Larson, The Chronicle

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices