Super Contributor

I have my Fall stuff outside will soon start for Halloween. I like "pretty witches and smiling jack-o-lanterns", etc. IMO. Do you go all out with cool-looking, spooky stuff or keep it kind of neutral?

Respected Contributor

Re: Halloween; gory or simple?

I'm more of a fall decor person. I don't do Halloween stuff until the night of Halloween.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

I like my witches ugly and my jack 'o lanterns with evil grins. No blood thoughSmiley Happy
Valued Contributor

I always thought it was fun, costumes and trick or treating----I think my daughter was one of the last to have Halloween parties in school and wear costumes---I don't think they do that anymore(offends someone) and I think even trick or treating is taboo---too bad---
Honored Contributor

On 9/28/2014 sylviahomeatlast said: I always thought it was fun, costumes and trick or treating----I think my daughter was one of the last to have Halloween parties in school and wear costumes---I don't think they do that anymore(offends someone) and I think even trick or treating is taboo---too bad---
I'm glad I grew up when I did for things like trick or treating. The whole neighborhood participated.
Respected Contributor

My brother's birthday is Halloween and my mom always through the combo birthday/Halloween party. He had enough of it and even his landmark birthdays he wanted NOTHING.

We have a nephew on DH's side that has the basement of his home all Halloween - All the time - 365 days a year. He and his wife got married in late October and honeymooned in New Orleans.

Go figure.

Honored Contributor

I like black cats and bats, green witches and ghosts. I don't like spiders or anything bloody/gory.

Honored Contributor

I decorate for fall but welcome Halloweeners on Oct. 31. The dogs always enjoy them. I'm looking forward to seeing how our new 4 month old puppy will react to the kids in costume. He's a cairn terrier so I'm sure he will bark! Still have to get Alfie a costume for the occasion. Dog treats ... no candy.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Valued Contributor

I'm getting a jump start---I have 3 pairs of H-oween earrings and I'm wearing my skulls today. Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

On 9/28/2014 AnikaBrodie said:

I decorate for fall but welcome Halloweeners on Oct. 31. The dogs always enjoy them. I'm looking forward to seeing how our new 4 month old puppy will react to the kids in costume. He's a cairn terrier so I'm sure he will bark! Still have to get Alfie a costume for the occasion. Dog treats ... no candy.

Will you be dressing as Dorothy?