Valued Contributor

And In The "Bad Neighbor" Category ...

The Reader's Digest version:

MIDDLETOWN, Pa. (AP) — Police in Pennsylvania say a man accused of shooting a bullet through a neighbor's window told a judge he fired the gun because it was the only way he knew how to unload it.

Middletown Detective Patrick Nicastro tells the Bucks County Courier Times (http://bit.ly/1CwbE81) that 31-year-old George Byrd IV of Penndel at first denied being behind the shooting but then acknowledged during his arraignment that he fired the weapon to clear the chamber because he was unfamiliar with guns.

Authorities say Byrd fired the gun early Friday afternoon in the suburban Philadelphia community. No one was injured.

Byrd is being held in the Bucks County jail on $20,000 bond. No attorney is listed on court papers.

A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Oct. 8.

The full story: http://www.buckscountycouriertimes.com/news/communities/langhorne/police-middletown-man-charged-with...

Respected Contributor

Re: And In The ""Bad Neighbor"" Category ...

Not too bright but terribly dangerous at the same time-

Honored Contributor

...and this man feels SAFER with this weapon in his home???

Valued Contributor

I don't know about that Terrier but he is a felon and a pistol, a 12-gauge double barrel shotgun and a M77 long rifle were also found in the house.

Honored Contributor

I'm glad he knows how to use a toilet. I'd hate to have him unload in my yard.

Respected Contributor

Valued Contributor

wowee it's. lucky no one got killed---my neighbors on one side are weird but not dangerous
Super Contributor

I find old practice arrows and shells in our yard every year. It's semi rural Wisconsin. We do have neighbors here along the highway but no one seems to be concerned. The junk had to get into our yard somehow. I'm glad my kids are past the age of playing in the yard.

Respected Contributor

Apparently owning weapons & being intelligent are mutually exclusive.
Valued Contributor

On 9/28/2014 VCamp2748 said: Apparently owning weapons & being intelligent are mutually exclusive.

I guess you're right, I own weapons and was unintelligent enough to post this thread ignoring the probability of posts like yours.

P.S., if you are ever in danger please do not call the cops--they ALL OWN WEAPONS.