Trusted Contributor

Robert Plant on Jimmy Fallon Tonight Show

Robert Plant is so talented. I can't believe he's 66. What an amazing voice and sense of music. He was really rocking the long hair - didn't look too bad.

/></a></p>

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Robert Plant on Jimmy Fallon Tonight Show

66? Yikes. Hard to believe. He's only 3 years older than me. Gulp!

I enjoyed him as a solo artist rather than with Led Zeppelin, but knew little about him.

I'll have to see if I still have the one album I bought years ago {#emotions_dlg.laugh}.

Respected Contributor

Plant was amazing. I can't believe he is 66 now. He was so hot in his youth and still looks great, but naturally much older. I listened to a few tracks of his latest album and his voice is as clear as it was during the Zeppelin days.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

He was SO hot back in the day! I agree about him being a very talented individual and I enjoy him as a solo artist as well. I don't feel he's aged very well due to hard living and he's been through a lot. He had a son that died as a child. He looks pretty good in the pic posted here, but I've seen others of him recently where he looked pretty rough.

Respected Contributor

On 9/30/2014 colliemom3 said:

He was SO hot back in the day! I agree about him being a very talented individual and I enjoy him as a solo artist as well. I don't feel he's aged very well due to hard living and he's been through a lot. He had a son that died as a child. He looks pretty good in the pic posted here, but I've seen others of him recently where he looked pretty rough.

It seems that when aging rock stars insist on keeping the same look as they had when they were young (i.e. same hairstyle, etc.), it makes them look much older than they really are, because there's such a stark contrast from when they were in their prime. It would be the same scenario if we all decided to go back to our high school hairdos, LOL.

He would look better if he got a more updated hairstyle, still keeping it edgy, but not the exact same style as he had at age 19.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

Topaz Gem, ITA!

Frequent Contributor

Just recently discovered Plant's solo music, and love, love, love it! If those of you that know him well have any recommendations, please share -- thanks!

Super Contributor

He looks good in that pic but the concert I watched recently (PBS?) - well, he didn't look quite as good nor sounded as he did back in the day.

Honored Contributor

Must note, Jimmy has a good singing voice, too!

That had to have been one of his *pinch me!!!* moments. ("oh yeah, I just recorded a song with Robert Plant").....thud.

Valued Contributor

He's still is and always will be on my list of fantasy boyfriends, lol! Mark Harmon, too. I fully intend to steal him from minkbunny! That's right after I break up George's new marriage!