Trusted Contributor

Should we be concerned about using our Keurigs?

Has anyone else read this article? If so, what are your thoughts? Just wondering.http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/why-i-kicked-my-keurig-curb

Respected Contributor

Re: Should we be concerned about using our Keurigs?

Love my Keurig. Keepin' it.

Honored Contributor

I have never been one to scour alternative health and medicine sites looking for something to freak out about. Non-issue for me.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

DITTO!

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Esteemed Contributor

I like real science and definitely don't get info from alternative health sites because in my experience they are the masters of being alarmists. Greenmedinfo.com would not be a place I would be open to take health advice from. That isn't because I don't try to live as naturally as I can but more because correlation doesn't imply causation and I notice many of these sites do try to imply that. Death is a risk of life. I try to keep my risks manageable but I am not going to the extreme.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Trusted Contributor

On 9/24/2014 moonchilde said: I have never been one to scour alternative health and medicine sites looking for something to freak out about. Non-issue for me.

I didn't go scouring either. I saw that link on my friend's facebook page. I just wanted other people's thoughts on it. I'm still not sure what I think about the article.

Super Contributor

It is an unnecessary convince I do not need. I just buy coffee and brew it the old fashioned way. I use Unbleached coffee filters, grind my coffee and brew it. Voila! Coffee. Imagine that!
Trusted Contributor

Honored Contributor

I'll put it on my worry list - might get to it by the time I'm 93.

Honored Contributor

I mean no offense, but "greenmedinfo.com" is in the same category as "naturalnews," "mercola," and the like. Highly dangerous, misleading charlatans. They're terribly unreliable, they promote pseudoscience and scare tactics. Their interest lies in linking to products, treatments and services for sale, as well as paid keyclicks and data-mining on their sites. Please, please, please don't trust those websites. Research these issues on reliable, reputable sites if you have concerns.

(Disclaimer: I don't use Keurig products because I prefer brewing coffee "the old-fashioned way" and also I don't want to be tied into buying the cups.Smile)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova