Valued Contributor

Qatar, won't be hosting the 2022 world cup.

"Gas-rich Qatar has also come under the spotlight over foreign workers' rights as well as accusations that corruption played a part in winning the right to host the World Cup.

Britain's Sunday Times newspaper has alleged that former Qatari football boss Mohamed Bin Hammam paid more than $5 million (3.7m euros) to gain support for the emirate ahead of the vote.

Qatar has strongly denied the allegations.

FIFA's ethic committee is to announce in early 2015 the results of its investigation into the attribution of not only the 2022 World Cup to Qatar, but also the 2018 edition to Russia.

http://www.businessinsider.com/afp-qatar-wont-host-2022-world-cup-says-fifas-zwanziger-2014-9#ixzz3E...

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Honored Contributor

Re: Qatar, won't be hosting the 2022 world cup.

They play all sides...

They are our friends when it works for them, but they also fund terror groups too.

It would be insanity to hold the Cup there...obviously just a bribe to FIFA officials!

Respected Contributor

It would be insanity since it is a dry country that alone would scare off sponsors and fans..

Honored Contributor

On 9/22/2014 Caravaggio said:

It would be insanity since it is a dry country that alone would scare off sponsors and fans..

Good point!

If the terror sponsors don't make a difference - lack of beer will!!!!

Honored Contributor

""Corruption"" and ""Sports"" in the same sentence? ! Gee....and people are surprised by that? Must be a slow sports news day. Qatar? Get to the back of the line.

Respected Contributor

I find this story of more interest and having more of a backlash then what has gone on unchecked in American Male sports forever.

Valued Contributor

On 9/22/2014 terrier3 said:
On 9/22/2014 Caravaggio said:

Good point!

If the terror sponsors don't make a difference - lack of beer will!!!!

and the dress code.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Honored Contributor

By all accounts there were numerous potential problems with this site. Clearly some feel it never should have been selected.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...