Esteemed Contributor

A funny thing that happened. (Well I think it is).

My husband and I went out to eat at our favorite locally owned restaurant tonight. You can eat in the dining room OR get take out.

So you eat in the dining area, then you go pay @ the counter in the front where people pick up take out.

While we were paying some well to do looking man was talking to the owner, trying to get his order. The owner said there's nothing here for you, but there is another restaurant 4 towns over with the same name but a DIFFERENT phone number and address (because the family owns 2 places, the other one run by other family members not the ones that run this one).

The owner said you must have ordered at the other one (many miles away).

The man says to the owner. Ohhh no that CANT BE! My CELL PHONE TOLD ME TO COME HERE!

Omg, I stood there while DH was waiting to pay, and DH and I were laughing so bad under our breath we were starting to choke.

This world is getting full of zombies. I mean use your brain!

Because according to the conversation this fellow lives around here. And the PHONE number to order his food would MATCH with the ADDRESS he was calling. Thus he would then go to the SAME address HE called! (It would be different if he was traveling from another area and unfamiliar with his surroundings).

I don't know what happened if he went to the other place or if this place accommodated him and made him food because we left while the guy was still freaking out blaming the CELLPHONE!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

Re: A funny thing that happened. (Well I think it is).

Why didn't he or the owner call the other restaurant and see if they had his order. If they didn't, the location where he was could make it for him.

I guess I have a different sense of humor because I would not be laughing at the guy.

Honored Contributor

I feel bad for him. He probably didn't know there were 2 locations.

Super Contributor

He might have made a mistake when looking up the restaurant in the phone map but I don't see why anyone would think it was so funny as to provoke choking. I suspect that, if the tables were turned and you had made a mistake OP, you would be here commenting and seeking sympathy about the rude pair of diners in the restaurant who were laughing at you.
Respected Contributor

LOL, blame the cell phone Ha!
Esteemed Contributor

I still don't know what's so funny about this. LOL I certainly wouldn't be laughing so hard that I would be choking..... I guess it doesn't take much to make some people laugh????? LOL

Respected Contributor

to me it would have made more sense if the owner would have called the other restaurant and checked for the guy

Trusted Contributor

On 9/20/2014 lovescats said:

to me it would have made more sense if the owner would have called the other restaurant and checked for the guy

I agree. Nothing funny to me.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Respected Contributor

Some apps pretty much do it all for you so what happened isn't beyond the realm of possibility.

Honored Contributor

I think it's insulting to say the man should have used his brain. He was using a cell phone app that didn't give him the correct info. This happens to me sometimes, too!

In fact, it happened with an appointment I had just a few weeks ago. The person had moved to a new office, just a few blocks away, so fortunately I wasn't late.