Esteemed Contributor

Last Kind Gesture Someone Did For You...

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

Re: What Was The Last Kind Gesture Someone Did For You...

One day last week a couple of the guys at work were doing yard work around the facility. They came in and left some of the cut roses on my desk. I spotted them going back out the door.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Valued Contributor

This morning my back was really hurting; although my chiropractor's office hours aren't open on weekends, I took the chance and called him to see if I could get in this morning.

He answered and told me to come within the hour and didn't charge me for an emergency visit all the while sitting in the room talking with me and my DH. It was a pleasant visit.

Nice thread!

Super Contributor

Just got back from Publix. I only had 3 items, but there was no express lane open so I had to wait in a regular line. A very kind woman insisted that I go in front of her. It was small act of kindness, but one that I appreciated very much.

Super Contributor

I was at a Target store to pick up me meds at the pharmacy.

I had been lugging around one of those mini baskets as I didn't think I needed that much. Well my arm was starting to hurt so I saw an empty wagon with no one around but a much older school marm woman at the counter. So, I put my things into it with the basket I was carrying and pulled up to the counter. After a few minutes the woman turned to me and said "Did you sneak off with my carriage?" I said to her "I apologize, I didn't know it was yours".

She then went off in a huff. The pharmacy tech felt to bad for me as I had been sweating with a hot flash so bad she had a young man go all the way up the front of the store and get me a wagon! I was so thankful as she heard me apologize to the woman that I had never done that before. It made my day!

Honored Contributor

I was driving on road that has cars parked on both sides of the street so only one car can pass at a time. I pulled over and let the oncoming driver go first.

Super Contributor

My DH maintains some property out in the country. Most every day he brings me some wildflowers he has picked. I always have a bouquetSmiley Happy. Lately he has been bringing pumpkins and mums. Last night we went out for pizza. DH went to the bathroom before we left, and I paid for our meal while he was gone. When he came back and asked where the bill was, I said MY TREAT!
Super Contributor

On 9/20/2014 Colonel Meow said:

Just got back from Publix. I only had 3 items, but there was no express lane open so I had to wait in a regular line. A very kind woman insisted that I go in front of her. It was small act of kindness, but one that I appreciated very much.

I love when that happens and we try to do that, too.

Sometimes it's nice just to have a smile returned or to smile first at someone - you never know if it brightens up a person's otherwise not so happy day.

Honored Contributor

Some posters on Mr. Lucky's thread gave me some comforting words and good advice! Thank you so much! They made me laugh with the penguin picture!

Respected Contributor

My husband went into town to get his hair cut and brought me back eight giant (well 12inch pots) of mums - bright yellow and russet orange - will match my fall display perfectly . I was working in the yard up at the cabin when he left getting all my stuff out - he said when he drove by the greenhouse and saw their display a magnetic pull drew him in.

And he brought giant cinnamon rolls from the Amish stand at the greenhouse as well !

(nice thread).